This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

unbelievable Ebay price?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

unbelievable Ebay price?

Postby Chris Jones » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:30 pm

I know this isn't a cub question but I hope y'all can fill me in. Take a look at these two green tractors and their "buy it now" prices and tell me what's up. That has got to be too low.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 82200&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51347&rd=1

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:37 pm

I have seen more & more talk about a (new ?) scam developing on e-bay. Ridiculously low reserves or "Buy it now" prices. They get your money, but never ship (nor will you be able to locate) the items.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:49 pm

Well I ain't shure since they are those old green things that aren't ripe yet I might give $10. or $12 for one of them it least it will blend in with the grass and the boss won't see it till fall. :lol:
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

cublo
10+ Years
10+ Years

unusual ebay prices

Postby cublo » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:06 pm

Seeing as how there is no way to bid unless the seller makes you an approved bidder, it may just be a way to get people to contact him for an off-line sale? If it is 'too good to be true', it probably is. Just a thought. H.

Chris Jones
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Chris Jones » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:29 pm

Also noted there is no location given for the items. Only says that it ships free worldwide. Geesh! I can't see how he can afford to ship it anywhere free when it's selling for that price. I wonder how you report this as a possible scam? I wonder how the feedback got 98.3% good. I'd almost say he would have better luck with the scam if he had buy it now prices of $15,000--I'd find it more believable and perhaps even still a good deal--if you like green.

I'm not sure I could ever buy something off ebay--don't know who to trust.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:15 pm

Now there is a big fish hook in those adds. Not just sure what his game is butt you can be sure those tractors won't sell for the starting price or even the buy it now for that matter. A friend of mine bought a manual on CD for the low low price of $0.84. After the aution was over he found out shipping and handling was $40.00. If it seems to good to be true it probably is!!

Mick Tucker
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mick Tucker » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:23 pm

It appears that he is in California City, CA that's the location on another ad that he has.

Mick Tucker
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mick Tucker » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:27 pm

If I lived in the same town or close by, I would bid his buy it now price, and deliver it in person.

I would also want to make sure that its not stolen, are the bank is about ready to take it back, and after it's sold it would be reported stolen.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 pm

Chris Jones wrote: I wonder how the feedback got 98.3% good. .

He got the feedback rating by buying and selling several small items.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:43 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:
Chris Jones wrote: I wonder how the feedback got 98.3% good. .

He got the feedback rating by buying and selling several small items.

I have also read in the eBay forums of a scam where the rip-off artists look for a seller with a real good feed-back rating and use that sellers name with no knowledge to him/her until they start getting a lot of nasty e-mails & feedbacks.
Then came Bronson

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:47 am

Both items come up 'Invalid Item', so I assume they have been taken off.
CatfishImage

cublo
10+ Years
10+ Years

Green is 'invalid'?!?

Postby cublo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:00 am

When you see a notice that an item is 'invalid or no longer available' it means that the eBay police have ended the item listing. I was bididng on a title for an old motorcycle, then one day....'invalid'. eBay sent me an email stating that selling titles without the vehicle is against their policy, and so they had ended the listing. I guess something about the 'too good to be true' tractor listings was.....fishy? Another eBay scam is to send out warning notices to eBay sellers, in which they ask for all of the members personal info such as user name and password, and sometimes banking info! The emails look very real. Then, the crumb uses that info to sell a ficticious item.....often at a "great bargain price" to entice a greedy buyer to act fast before somebody else 'gets the great deal'. The greedy buyer sends the funds off to the crumb, and the poor eBay owner of the account knows nothing about it...until the fertilizer hits the fan. If a seller has a history of nothing but beenie baby purchases, and infrequent at that, and then suddenly they have a 50' 1948 Chris Craft fully restored for $3000....
something is wrong! I am into many types of old machines, and the tractor folks are the nicest crowd I've mingled with so far. Still, watch your step! H.

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:05 am

Mick Tucker wrote:If I lived in the same town or close by, I would bid his buy it now price, and deliver it in person.

I would also want to make sure that its not stolen, are the bank is about ready to take it back, and after it's sold it would be reported stolen.

Mike. You can Ask the Question - "Can I look at the item in person"? Then see what he says!
Ron

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:10 pm

Just checked these items and they are no longer listed. They are listed as invalid numbers. Interesting.

Dan Stuckey
Altoona, PA.
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:32 pm

Another scam that is getting popular is to find photo's of an item and use them to sell a non existing item. I wanted to check this guy out, but auction is gone. If you question a item, right click on the picture and then click on properties to find the address of the photo. This may tip you off. Feedback is important.
Michael

Return to “Farmall Cub”