Hopper bolts?

Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:50 pm

Anyone know where to find the curved bolt that holds the fertilizer hopper down. The hopper has a rod across the back that you hook in the bracket and then swing it down and this bolt has a wing nut to clamp it on. I tried the part number with Bermuda Ken and he said no-go from CASE/IH. I made on myself from a carriage bolt but I can't get the bend right.

Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:23 pm

The original part for the galvanized hoppers was 33 573 A. For the fibre glass hoppers, the part was 623 088 R1. One non-IH reference I checked lists the R number as the replacement for the A number. The R number should still be available and Ken should be able to help with it. With a price in the $10+ ball park, you may not be too enthusiastic about getting one to see if it will fit. You should be able to scrounge one from a wrecking yard. Rusted out cans with good parts on the bottom shouldn't be that hard to find.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:41 pm

Thanks, Jim. I had the old number. The only salvage place I have around here, and it is an hour away, thinks all used Farmall stuff is made of unobtainium.

Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:18 pm

I thought unobtainium was green and yellow in color! :D