This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HELP !!..Don't understand throttle linkage........

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Big O
10+ Years
10+ Years

HELP !!..Don't understand throttle linkage........

Postby Big O » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:58 pm

I have been trying to get my cub ready for a play and show day this coming Sat. I last wrote and told ya'll "I finally got it home". THe throttle linkage is very hard to move, as I mentioned before ,I have carb leak and am going to have kit for it Monday. I am out trying to clean tractor and I was also trying to make sure things work. I move the throttle lever and it does not move the linkage at carb. the linkage at carb. moves freely by hand, the throttle lever does not move freely nor will it move linkage that goes to carb.I have the hood/tank off so I can see better and found that the part (?) that the linkage fits into is very hard to move. This 'part' has a hole for linkage and a place for a spring and it is connected on a shaft that goes through a casting on backside of dist. I can move the 'part' but it does not move the carb. linkage.My thinking is that the lever should move the linkage all the way to carb.without engine running. I am also wondering if this is ok and that this is the way it supposed to be, and with tractor running makes this all work out right. I sure need some help.If anyone would be interested in talking to me send phone number and I will call. THANKS ALLOt
Owen orjb@texasisp.com
I purchased a '49 Cub , I need lots of info. and manuals. Owen orjb@texasisp.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:59 pm

Big-O - the link below will take you to the governor linkage parts break-down in the parts catalog. It shows the governor linkage really well. The movement of the throttle lever should be transmitted all the way to the carb linkage as you suspect. Check all the linkage to assure that it moves freely and does not bind. Especially the rockshaft (part # 30).

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Parts%20Manuals/TC-37F%20Revision%203/Group%2012%20-%20Power/Page%2012-18.jpg
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:24 pm

I take it that the hard to move part is #11 in the diagram Bigdog pointed you at. It should pivot freely on the shaft. Get some penetrant on it and work it until it is loose. When it is pulled to put tension on the spring, the rest of the linkage to the carburetor should move.

Where is the show Saturday?

Return to “Farmall Cub”