This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Flywheel Bolt?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Flywheel Bolt?

Postby Donny M » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:02 pm

I noticed the bolt holes at the flywheel end of the crank are through holes instead of blind. I'm guessing the threads must be sealed same
as the head bolts :?: :?: :?: :?:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:23 pm

Since no one answered the question :shock: I'll go ahead and seal them.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:25 pm

Donny, I would seal any through bolt hole.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:31 pm

Yep Bigdog I already have. Just wondering if anyone read the post. :P :P :P :P :P

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:08 pm

Donny,

I noticed that just the other day when I removed my flywheel also.

As a general rule I always apply BLUE loctite on flywheel bolts. The Blue loctite is removable type, unlike the Red series 609 (there are so many types), about the only way to get somthing backed out using it is to heat it up.

I keep a bottle of the Blue on my self at all times. I use it on things such as fan baldes, things you don't want backing out and it will also act as a sealer too. I will torque the bolts to what ever the book tells me and then I don't have that worry about them backing out due to viberation and so on.

My Model A Ford goes one step further and each of the flywheel bolts have a hole drilled in the head and then you place a wire through each of them and onto the next, but that wasn't your question. (Figure I would throw that tid-bit in)

John

Return to “Farmall Cub”