This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Questions: 1955 Farmall Cub LoBoy Wiring and parts supplier

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Questions: 1955 Farmall Cub LoBoy Wiring and parts supplier

Postby John Niekamp » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:06 pm

Hi folks,

Just recently accuired a 1955 Farmall Cub LoBoy. I have several questions for you wise ones. This tractor has been sitting for a few years, but it all intact and runs purrrrrfect. The only thing wrong right now is the clutch is out. I have it up on stands and have everything out and cleaned up.

I am in need to find a supplier that I can get a new Clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and piolet bearing. The local International dealer is WAY OUT of line for these items. They are wanting 500 bucks for it all. Maybe it't just me thinking it's to high.

There should be a good source for parts here on the internet for these older tractors that isn't going to try to get rich off of a person.

ALSO, I need to find a wiring schematic that I can put the wiring back the way when it was original. Plus I would like to see what that little 4 position light switch is for on the dash panel. (at least that's what I "THINK" it is)

This is my first IH tractor, I have and restored a 1948 8N Ford a few years ago, there are tons of information on them and I have not been that lucky so far on the LoBoy.

The one thing that I was really surprised with, was there is no water pump. Do they circulate enough to keep the engine cool on a hot day? I remember the old Model T Fords didn't have a water pump either, but there was aftermarket suppliers that you could by and put on your "T" engine, is there anything like that for a Cub LoBoy?

I will be asking "stupid" questions like these from time to time, but I would rather ask a dumb question then ruin a good enine.

Thanks for any help,
John

http://www.geocities.com/jniekamp/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:23 pm

John. Welcome to the board. No stupid questions here........... Try http://www.jptractorsalvage.com or http://www.tmtractorparts.com . On the coolant: The cooling is called a "thermosiphon" system. It seems to do well on hot days. However, your coolant will always find its level approx. 2 inches below the cap (Non-pressurized or very lowpressure cap). Try Rudi's site for wiring diagrams. Read the announcement at the top of the posts. Plenty of good info there.
Ron

Wireharness
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wireharness » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:45 pm

maloybig@msn.com will give you the supplier for wireharness for all IH and Farmall tractors from 1939 to the 80's . Have your ser# when you call . 319-352-4142

Wireharness

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:12 am

John:

Welcome to the Cub Family :!: Glad you are enjoying your Cub and restoring it.

This is my first IH tractor, I have and restored a 1948 8N Ford a few years ago, there are tons of information on them and I have not been that lucky so far on the LoBoy.

If you look at the very first topic on this forum : Announcement: New Members and Visitors, Please READ. There is a pile of information on Cubs and Lo-Boys! And it is all available right here and at ATIS and Cub Manuals sites.

I would suggest that you have a read here and see what is available. After that, I would also suggest that you go to Binder Books and order the Owner's Manual, TC-37F Parts Manual and the GSS-1411 Service Manual. All of you questions can be answered in these manuals. (btw, scanned versions are available on the Cub Manual Server in the interim).

Hope this helps a bit, and again, welcome to the Cub Family :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”