This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 Point Hitch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eric
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 Point Hitch

Postby Eric » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:55 pm

I have a worksaver 3 point hitch for my '49 cub and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it. What length attachments would you suggest I get? I was thinking about a box blade, a york rake, and maybe a snowblade. Is 4 feet good or can I possibly use 5 foot implements??
-Eric

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:37 am

Eric, I think I would stick to a 4 ft. for the rake and blade. As far as a box scraper, the 4ft IMHO is too big. Depends on what you are doing with it. If you want it to scrap a gravel drive it may be ok (if the Cub can lift it) but if you want to use the "teeth" and drag some dirt, I don't think you will have the power needed. I'm not sure how much "lift" a Cub with 3pt can handle but the 4 ft box scrapers can get darn heavy.

I have a small 4wd 22hp kubota and a 5 ft is about right for it as a rake and back blade. My box blade is a 4 footer and weighs over 350 pounds! The cubs are nice little tractors but nowhere near the power of my Kubota!

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Return to “Farmall Cub”