This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Trailer Advice

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Kevin Wisniewski
10+ Years
10+ Years

Trailer Advice

Postby Kevin Wisniewski » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:00 am

There is a trailer for sale up the road. I always wanted one. In the short term I will use it with my Montana Van as a utility trailer, but eventually if I do buy this trailer I want to be able to put my cub on it. The trailer may also assist me in becoming a big dog apprentice in picking up cubs in need of a loving home. I also will eventually need a vehicle to pull the cub on the trailer so your cubs are still safe. It’s a 6x10 heavy-duty 3500 lb trailer with winch for 700 dollars. It doesn’t have any tailgate with it though. I guess my question is? Is it worth it?

Thanks

Kevin
Wiz "Beware the Fury of a Patient Man"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:55 am

"Cubs in need of a loving home." I like that! Yeah! That's what I do! Provide a needed service! Sorta like day care, only permanent.
I don't know what your overall need for a trailer is, but what you describe isn't too bad a deal. But, once you load a cub on it, you won't have room or capacity for much of anything else. I have seen 6 - 6 1/2' X 16' tandem axle trailers (used) for around that figure. So it really depends on whether you think you need that much trailer or not.

"Cubs in need of a loving home." Yeah! That's nice!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:36 pm

new 6' by 10' Anderson landscape trailers are about 1,200 or so, so if it's in good condition and not too old, it's worth it. but it's about maxed out with one cub on it. a cub, wheel weights and a mower deck might be 2500 lbs. and the trailer is 1000.
i really, really like tandem trailers. safety, towing capacity, handling, and the ability to BigDog home an extra cub without overloading ! :!: :wink:
but, you need a 1500 4WD series pickup 5300 minimum. otherwise, the tail wags the dog !
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:31 pm

Bigdog wrote:"Cubs in need of a loving home." I like that! Yeah! That's what I do! Provide a needed service! Sorta like day care, only permanent.

More like a shelter for wayward Cubs.... :wink:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:03 pm

Kevin,

If you're serious about becoming a Bigdog apprentice, you'll need a better trailer. I have an extra tandem that's just about like his, but in need of that purdy red paint job. It's had some good experience that should make it more valuable, but that would be a bonus. :lol: It's five years old, and too narrow for some of the tractors I haul. It's accustomed to hauling two Cubs at a time.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:58 pm

Kevin, if you intend to do any serious cub hauling, you need a longer trailer. A cub is 8 1/2 feet, and if you have any type of rear attachment your trailer will be too short.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:06 pm

Trailers are like barns-they are never big enough! I,ve got an 18' tandem now and wish it was 24'.I always need more space to haul stuff. I would get the largest you can afford. You will be glad you did. Of course you might need a bigger truck then too.Vishous circle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael Az
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Michael Az » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:14 pm

For me Kevin, that price would be too high. The reason I say that is because I bought a new 16' tandem with brakes for $1100. You will appreciate the extra room of the bigger trailer and it will pull much better. New trailers may be cheaper here in the west than where you live but I would check them out. Also regardless of what you buy, check all the wheelbearings when you get the chance. They are easy to neglect and a lot of new trailers are comming with made in china bearings which belong in the trash can.
Michael

Return to “Farmall Cub”