This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

hydralic lift stuck

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
trushenski
10+ Years
10+ Years

hydralic lift stuck

Postby trushenski » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:34 pm

just bought a 48 cub. I want to put a belly mower on her. The lever to control the lift does nothing. It has a bracket on both sides of the tractor to attach the chain for controlling the level. It moves slightly and seems to have some oil pressure against it. I would say that I can manually move the bracket maybe 40 degrees. Can't imagine what's wrong. Any ideas? Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:51 pm

Take the link to the touch control manual. It describes the system and troubleshooting procedures. The system may be low on fluid or in need of a rebuild. The manual will walk you through it. We can answer any other questions you may encounter.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Blue%20Ribbon%20Service%20Manuals/GSS-1024%20Touch%20Control/GSS-1024%20Touch%20Control.htm
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:19 pm

Sounds to me like it is out of oil. The oil is probably now in the engine.

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Sun Mar 21, 2004 9:16 pm

If Jim is correct, and is a good chance that this is correct, the o ring on the hydraulic oil pump will need replaced. No a real hard job. This would be the small metal piece just behind the radiator on the carb side of the engine. There will be two metal tubes running into it.
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

Return to “Farmall Cub”