This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Touch Control 1949 Cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Lloydct-1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Touch Control 1949 Cub

Postby Lloydct-1 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:06 am

Good Morning from CT-
I am trying to decide wether or not to take the entire hyd block off or just replace the oring and keep going. My hyd owrk great when the level is right just leaks like crazy from the center shaft. any suggetions are greatly apprecited
thanks

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Touch Control 1949 Cub

Postby Trent M » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:48 am

Lloyd- Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place for all things Cub!!

To remove the large piston, you will have to take off the cylinder block. Its not too bad of a job. Just keep everything CLEAN!! The piston comes out the "back" of the unit, so you have to remove the head (back plate) from the block. There is 1 oring on the piston and 2 in the bore. The "while you are in there" likely comes into play. I would clean the screen and replace all the orings and gaskets. TM Tractor Parts has the kits. Good instructions can be found in the Blue Ribbon Service Manual GSS-1411. I'm sure Rudi will be along shortly with the Welcom Wagon to point you to his online manuals, in case you don't have a copy.

If you have questions, post 'em here. Someone will be able to help!! :D
Trent McPeak