This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Seal Removal?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RI Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02830

Seal Removal?

Postby RI Cub » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 am

Anyone have any advice on removing the mag seal? I can probably gouge it out, but there is no easy way to pull it out that I can see. I don't want to score the surrounding metal.

Also does anyone know how far to install the new one, is there a lip that it butts up against? With out having it out yet, I can't see.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:06 am

The only way I know how is to remove the gov and drive it out. Bill Poor makes a seal installing tool that I have seen in use and works quite well. It lets you drive the seal in at the exact measurment it needs to be. Be sure if you pull the gov to mark teeth with the factory punch marks on them with some white out so the gov will be in kelter correctly when you insatall it

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:35 am

go to your locla auto parts store (Napa, O'reilly, Autozone, etc. ) and get one of the slide hammer dent pullers with the sheet metal screw on the end. dirll 2 or 3 holes in the seal, screw it in, and pop it out. they are typically pretty tight, and you will probably need to keep moving it around the seal pulling a little ways at a time. What ever you use, be careful you do not scratch the governor shaft.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

RI Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02830

Postby RI Cub » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks guys..I will give it a try.