This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My bottom has dropped

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:02 am

outback rider wrote:Bob,
You will get a kick out of this, my 8 year old daughter had to write sentences the other night, and guess what one of the words was that she had to use in the sentence? It was furrows, now kids these days, they don't know what a furrow is, and so I found your posting of your plowing and showed her what a furrow is, she counted them and remarked at how it was neat that the landslide plow turns over the sod. So don't worry too much about how those furrows looked, they really told the story to her..
:) :)
Gary

Thanks Gary. I appreciate the kind words and encouragement. Even though I have had a couple of curveballs, this has been a fun project and if it becomes otherwise, I can walk away and read a book or watch another UCONN women's basketball glorious victory :wink: .
Your daughter could have also learned something from the furrows on my brow when I was pondering the transmission damage I was seeing... I'm very pleased and delighted she got something out of my post and I am very grateful you shared that. It made my day...

outback rider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06798

Postby outback rider » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:33 pm

Glad to have shared it with you.
She was very excited, she told her class all about the furrows she saw on the tractor site.... :D
Keep up on the pictures, they're great.

Gary

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:53 pm

bob, i didn't think to ask you how the valve seats looked? i would think that a light touch with the seat tool should clean them right up, since there's only a few hours on the rebuild.
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:45 pm

artc wrote:bob, i didn't think to ask you how the valve seats looked? i would think that a light touch with the seat tool should clean them right up, since there's only a few hours on the rebuild.

I have not wire brushed the area yet but from what I can see without a loupe, the seats look perfect, as do the valves.