This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Terrible find on Hydraulic rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Terrible find on Hydraulic rebuild

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:54 pm

I the process of rebuilding my hydraulic cylinder. Was all going great, took my time, made lots of notes and pictures.Got the block all scrubbed and sprayed it clean with mega amounts of brake cleaner.

Then...was about to start to reassemble and looked closely into the bore where the piston goes. And oh no, I see a loooong crack at about the nine o clock position. I look into the filler plug hole and looking at the exterion wall of the cylinder and looking right back at me is the same crack. So it does go the whole way through. Sick!!!!!!!!

I guess I know what is next, but somebody tell me. Hey, anyone have a block out there?

Sick in Altoona, Pa.
Dan Stuckey
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Merlin » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:33 pm

Just happen to have one left. I am going to take George's stuff out of it tomorrow and I will clean the block up and look at it and get back to you.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:13 pm

Remeber the early and late model parts don't interchange.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:02 am

John,
Mine is an eary casting number. Are you saying that a later block would not fit in my Cub or that the internal pieces from an early model wold not fit into the block of an later casting.
Enjoy life, do what you can, and quit your complaining. This will make life better!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:14 am

Any unit can be mounted on any Cub. The internal parts are different, depending on which Touch-Control block you have.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:02 am

Sorry for not making it clearer, but Jim explained it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:59 am

Daniel. I looked at the hyd. block and it looks good. The serial number is 354 383 R2. The casting date is 3-9-W. (1951)

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:29 pm

Merlin,
How about a e mail to me With the cost including what it would take to ship it to Altoona, Pa 16602. I'm interested in it. Do you think I should rebuild it before putting it in. Thanks

cdestuck@aol.com
Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:01 pm

All it would be Danial is the bare block. You would have to take everything out of your block and put in this one. You may consider just replacing yours with a complete working unit if you feel uncomfortable with a full disassembly of yours and then reassembling it in this block.

Daniel Stuckey
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Daniel Stuckey » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:35 pm

Merlin, Guess I'll have to keep looking. My old one is the early model and parts would be different from what goes in your. Thanks anyway for the help.
Dan Stuckey
Altoona, Pa

Return to “Farmall Cub”