This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Never throw anything away!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:42 am

Ask evielboweviel about the "black hole" area in the back of my barn. Area 51 has nothing on me! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 am

If you intend to be where you are for the future and NOT MOVE, don't throw Anything away. But, find a place for it and put it there, maybe with similar items :).

I recently helped my friend Arizona Bob move his entire shop of eleven years. Like me he never throws anything away. Would you believe ten trailer loads of stuff that he needs to find new places for :roll: :roll: PILES of stuff, but he always has the o ring or belt or screw or whatever he needs...and he knows where its at..This is very important. If you can't find it...you don't got it :big say what: some organizational skills are a must if you are going to be like Arizona Bob or Arizona Mike.

Now where did i put those small clevis pins ?????????
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:53 am

Arizona Mike wrote:Now where did i put those small clevis pins ?????????

On (rare) occasions I am sure I have something, but give up on finding it. I get the replacement and decide to store it where I will be sure to find it. When I get to the chosen location, often as not, there is the old one!

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:02 am

Jim Becker wrote:On (rare) occasions I am sure I have something, but give up on finding it. I get the replacement and decide to store it where I will be sure to find it. When I get to the chosen location, often as not, there is the old one!

Have you ever looked for a tool that you just had in your hand only to discover it was STILL in your hand? I THINK I know someone that did that once....

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:03 am

Well, after reading some of these posts I guess I don't have to clean up the "Bob" for the "Barnyard Bash" after all. It apparently is no difeerent from some of the others. :lol:

When I have something I will be using within a day or two I generally put it in a place and say "I'll put it here so I know where it is". That way I am sure to lose it and have to go buy another.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Postby bob in CT » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:23 am

My wife only needs to move something 6 inches and I am lost. I could have restored a Cub in the amount of time that I have spent looking for stuff I have had "help" with... Whadda mean that pipe wrench does not belong on the kitchen counter..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:30 am

Well now I have to make sure my Lovely reads this thread :!: :lol: It is good to know I am in good company.