This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New bushing for woods belly mower pulley w/pics

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737
Circle of Safety: Y

New bushing for woods belly mower pulley w/pics

Postby redfin » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:26 pm

In case you care.

My mower ower was making extra noises this year :roll: and this quieted it down nicely. :lol:

I changed some bushings on my Woods 42 blade shaft pulley and this is what the bushings look like. There are two installed. One at the main body of the pulley as seen in the 1st and 2nd pic and one in the seperate smaller top cap as seen in 2nd pic. Also 2 oils seal are installed and can be seen under neath the bushings in the 2nd pic. Cost for the 2 bushings and oil seals approx. $20 plus tax or shipping. Would allow 15-30 minutes to do this job. Realy fairly simple job.

Jim :D

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 pm

That's good to know.. I did replace a similar one on the IH C-2 that had play in the top pulley. (getting a Woods 42 soon!!!)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Tulip
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tulip » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:26 am

don't see any pics, maybe it is my browser.

Charles (49) Mo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63031

Postby Charles (49) Mo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Pics came thru here OK

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:29 pm

Redfin,

Please take a real close look at your pulley. What may appear to be just paint cracks in the spokes, may actually be hairline cracks in the pulley itself. BTDT. I was ready to go back with mine, and the light hit mine just right, and I was able to see the hairline cracks. You'd hate to go through all that work, put it together and ka-boom! It comes apart due to the increased spinning. It was apparently something with the design as my Woods dealer told me they'd seen a lot of those do the same thing. FWIW.

Cheers!

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.