This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fuel Cap

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Fuel Cap

Postby Bob Hawley » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:02 pm

Well I have another question and hope I get the same response that I received before. I looked in TM Gallery and noticed the fuel cap has a vent hole. My cap does not. What kind of problem will this cause? Should I drill a hole in it? Thanks, Bob
Bob Hawley

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:17 pm

Hey Bob,

Just a suggestion; send for a "FREE" safety gas cap and that will solve
more than the vent problem. You can sent a post card or letter to:

NAVISTAR INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATON CORP.
BOX 10088
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA 46850

JUST FURNISH THE MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBER OF YOUR IH TRACTOR ALONG WITH YOUR NAME AND COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS,
YOUR SIGNATURE AND DATE. I RECEIVED SIX IN ONE SHIPMENT. IT TOOK ABOUT FIVE WEEKS FOR MINE TO ARRIVE.

But to answer your question it does need a very small vent. Most likely
yours is just stopped up or has been painted over in times past.

Hope this helps.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:22 pm

Without a vent hole and if your cap has an airtight seal your tractor will act like it is running out of gas. It has to breath or it will create a vacuum and stop flowing.

Go to Rudi`s page and 6th down from top on right hand column is a free gas-cap offer you print out and send in for new "FREE" cap.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/index.html
Then came Bronson

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:09 pm

the one that came on my 49 was chrome had no vent hole and leaked if the fuel was high enough to slosh.replaced it with a new one from auto parts store it did the same.found this web site sent for new safety cap solve the problem.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Fuel Cap

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:12 pm

Bob Hawley wrote:Well I have another question and hope I get the same response that I received before. I looked in TM Gallery and noticed the fuel cap has a vent hole. My cap does not. What kind of problem will this cause? Should I drill a hole in it? Thanks, Bob

Some aftermarket gas caps vent between the gasket and the outer rdge of the cap.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Postby Bob Hawley » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:09 am

Thanks guys. Sounds like I need to go to Rudi's page again, there is some awful good info there, I guess I didn't go over it thorough enough. Dogman, I have the same symptoms when the tank is full. I appreciate all the responses. Bob
Bob Hawley

Return to “Farmall Cub”