This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Modify an aftermarket 3 point hitch

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
largeonee
10+ Years
10+ Years

Modify an aftermarket 3 point hitch

Postby largeonee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:16 pm

I have an aftermarket 3 point on my loader tractor. it runs with a rod to the tc unit. this has a few negatives one if you put down pressure on and hit something it blows the head gasket off of the tc. two the rod flexes under load. I am trying to mount up a hydraulic cylinder to it and run a second valve in the loader circuit. I have it laid out but thought maybe some one else had found the best way to do it. my next insane idea is to eliminate the tc and put the valve and a reservour where it is. if my 3 point works out the tc unit would be just a reservour for the loader. which wouldn't be bad except I need the tc for (The Cub The Tree Fell On) which is coming along nicely thanks to some of the sponsers and members.
jeff in the up
1 cub with IH 1000 Loader
1 cub in 1000 peices
27 very rusty willys jeeps from the late 40's
1 very understanding wife 3 dogs

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Jeff, hopefully Dan Robertson will jump in here and post a picture of his rear cylinder setup. I'm pretty sure he equipped his rear lift arm with a cylinder, similar to what you'd need to fasten to the "Worksaver" arm.

Am I reading your signature right???--27 flat fendered Willys'

Rick

geibes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48442

Postby geibes » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:51 am

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote:Am I reading your signature right???--27 flat fendered Willys'

Wow, that would be impressive to see! Jeff, I have an old rusty IP (with a valid serial number tag and title) from a late 40s CJ2A. It's just taking up space since I sold my complete '47 many years ago. Make me an offer!
geibes
1953 Cub - "Fenton Tiger Cub"
Spare parts - fast hitch, disk, one bottom plow, grader blade, C2 mower, wagon

hschwartz3
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43102
eBay ID: hschwartz3

Postby hschwartz3 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:10 am

Jeff,

Check out this thread. http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16594&highlight=rear+hydraulic+lift

It is Dan Robertson talking about putting his hydraulic rear lift to work with some pictures. If you get a chance, thumb through his photo archive and check out his hydraulic setup on his cub. It is impressive.

hope this helps

Herb

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:55 am

You can click this link http://photos.cubfest.com/index.php?cat=1
and scroll down to gotowin's (my Ebay user name) album. Click that and you will find 5 sub albums, two of which have hydraulics pics. The remote hyds album has a pic or two of the front mount that I fabricated to anchor the rear lift cyl. and also supports the remote valves.
This pic shows the mount installed but yet unpainted along with my first 2 valve remote hyds. control
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

largeonee
10+ Years
10+ Years

progress on the lift

Postby largeonee » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I got the cyl mostly mounted (waiting for a bracket) looks great. the pics helped a lot. I was trying to mount the cyl vertical on the back. but running it between the trans and fender looks good and it was a lot easier. I am now making a block for the manifold to attach to. I plan to drill accross between the in and out and install the pressure releif from a comercial valve in it. I was waiting for a block of 1 1/4 steel to make it out of but this afternoon I sawed the end off of one of the blocks I use as an anvil. tommorow I start drilling. I have a tank from a western snow plow that fits where the TC unit was. I also came up with the angle control valve from the same plow setup to control the lift. if all goes well I shoud be able to save the TC unit for (the cub the tree fell on) (gotta shorten that name) my only problem is I don't have a screen or filter. don't know how critical it is? I will do pictures soon
jeff in the up

1 cub in 1000 peices

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:12 pm

I plan to drill accross between the in and out and install the pressure releif from a comercial valve in it

I also came up with the angle control valve from the same plow setup to control the lift.

Jeff, just make sure things aren't set too high, and double check your routing setup before you start the engine. You know what could happen if you accidently "Dead End" the system.

Rick

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote: You know what could happen if you accidently "Dead End" the system. Rick

It shore ain't pretty.. :big smirk: :big shy: :big embarrased: :help:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:19 pm

Fix the lift rod so it will "float". Positive lifting and spring loaded down pressure. One example of this is the spring on the 54-A blade lift. Another is the springs on the rear cultivator frame.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

largeonee
10+ Years
10+ Years

more progress

Postby largeonee » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:29 pm

I have the block built. several hours with the drill press etc. I think the pressure should be 1200 now i have to rig up my portapower pump and a gauge to see how close it is.
jeff in the up[/img]

1 cub in 1000 peices