This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New disc

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

New disc

Postby Former Member » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Great day.

Rusty(grcox) and I did a swap today for things we both needed.

I love this forum!

Rusty brought me a set of disc's I needed, and took home parts to a 151 disc plow that I did not need or could use and he needed to complete his.

Here are some pics of the disc and my fieldImage

That is all i got done before Elmo got hot. I was using 1st gear because he didn't seem to have the umph for second. The cap was loose on the radiator and there is no hose on the overflow. Antifreez was coming out the hole and steam out the cap. The block and oil pan were warm, but not HOT.

Also, when I walked away from the tractor with it still running, I could hear a tap or knock that I can't hear while on the tractor. He does'nt seam to have the power he had last week plowing, -or- is the disc too big?

I am sure it needs a tune-up and valve adjust, but do y'all have other idea's?

Rusty, thanks again. Hope to see you again soon.

Dale

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 pm

Dale- That is a Cub-23A disk, built for the Cub so it should handle it.

I'd say you are right on with the tune up and valve adjust idea. Is it a distributor or mag ignition? Sometimes a distributor system timing is set advanced, which will make a Cub run hotter. I'd check/dress the points and set the gap, then check the timing. Also, how full is the radiator? It should not be filled all the way to the top and the tractor will find its own level by expelling fluid if it is, which would be normal. Oh and a good flushing of the cooling system would be a good idea too. Use some washing soda for that.

Let us know what you find!
Trent McPeak

grcox
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37185

Postby grcox » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:23 pm

"Oh Ya" I'll have this 151 up & plowing in no time. I thank you.
Best kind of trade everyone walks away :big smile:
Thanks Dale
PS. Sorry Dale but -- Everyone Dale makes the best deer chilly and his wife the best corn bread I ever had. If your in TN call ahead reservations only!
:thumbsup:
Rusty
2 S.F.T.M. 1950 Cub, 151 plow, Cultivators, Double gang disc

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Trent M » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 pm

Hmmm... maybe I should bring down those sickle mower parts, rather than ship 'em. :D If only you were closer. :cry:
Trent McPeak

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:20 pm

Come on down Trent. The freezer is full! Lets see--all the venison chilly, cornbred and peach cobler u can eat-for help with a tune-up and valve adjust--sounds like the makings of a TN mini cubfest.

Rusty, that disc is doing a good job. I took the brackets off the plow, shimmed them a little and hooked the chain from the rear rockshaft to the drawbar to raise and lower it like you suggested. works good. Now to get Elmo feeling better :? :oops:

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Trent M » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Dale- That's a good enough offer that I checked on where you are located ... 300 miles away! Little far for a trip, but it would have been fun (and filling) I'm sure! :D :D
Trent McPeak