This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Broken 1st/reverse Shifter Fork, seeking advice

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
threadfarmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Broken 1st/reverse Shifter Fork, seeking advice

Postby threadfarmer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Recently bought a cub, with a broken 1st and reverse shifter fork and need to replace it. I have the replacement part on the way. When I split the tractor do I really need to remove the differential? It seems like I can just stick a punch around it and lightly tap on the shifter rod to get it to advance forward. Any advice on the replacement of this piece.

Thanks

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Broken 1st/reverse Shifter Fork, seeking advice

Postby George Willer » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:17 pm

threadfarmer wrote:Recently bought a cub, with a broken 1st and reverse shifter fork and need to replace it. I have the replacement part on the way. When I split the tractor do I really need to remove the differential? It seems like I can just stick a punch around it and lightly tap on the shifter rod to get it to advance forward. Any advice on the replacement of this piece.

Thanks

It won't be necessary to do the split unless you need to for some other reason. The fork can be changed by simply removing the shifter. The rail can be moved to the rear. Be very careful to avoid losing the detent ball and spring. It's helpful to twist the rail to get the notches away from the detent.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

shifter forks

Postby Joe Malinowski » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Check on the manual server Rudi has posted directions to do the repair they are very easy to follow and it is not a hard fix. This is the voice of experience, you may be able to have the old fork welded back together and reuse it.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:57 am

Welcome to the forum :D :D :D