This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

gas/oil

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
delawhere
10+ Years
10+ Years

gas/oil

Postby delawhere » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 am

after all the help you folks have given me about my cracked block and front cover. i've decided to get another motor from ralphs. but i do have 2 questions. first. is regular unleaded gas normally used? second. does the oil flow come in from the top or the bottom of the oil canister? again thanks.

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:06 am

Yes regular unleaded will be ok for the tractor.

The oil comes in from the top to the filter canister. There is about a 1/4" hole on the block side that you can prime the pump with after a tear down.

I primed mine here and before I put the top back on the filter canister I turned the engine over with the starter until I seen oil coming back out of the hole.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Return to “Farmall Cub”