This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rod Bearings

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Maritimer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rod Bearings

Postby Maritimer » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:59 pm

Hi guy's,

I have measured my crank for the rod bearings, cause this one did not have any, the ones that were in it were thrown away,(not by me)
my measurement was in inches. It was 1.475. Can anyone tell me what I need for rod bearings? I had some old standard bearings to try in it but they were too big. I could grab the journal and rattle it back and forth.

It is really nice to have a forum like this where a person can ask questions and get responses from people who know.

Mike
My dad once told me if it wasn't for bad luck......I wouldn't have any luck at all......

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:12 pm

Maritimer, I think the standard size is 1.5", so you would be half way between .020 and .030 . Also I think that the max allowable taper and out-of-round is .003 . I'd say that you need to have your crank turned. That'll run you about $100 at a good engine rebuilder.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”