This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

THE HOOD IS OFF!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

THE HOOD IS OFF!!

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:29 pm

I went by to check on The Paperweight today. No major disassembly has started yet, but the hood is off..... :shock: So it'll be in pieces in no time. For sure we're looking at a valve job. The shop it is at specializes in farm equipment, last time I was there it was sharing space with a JD 4960 with a bad axle bearing, today it was beside a 4450 or 4455 Deere in various pieces. This fellow does it all. Across from The Paperweight was a '94 Chevy or GMC fertilizer spreader truck. They're replacing a large section of the CHASSIS where fertilizer had rusted it almost in two. So I think they can handle my Cub..... :wink:

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Mike in NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27040
Tractors Owned: '48 Farmall Cub, '52 John Deere M, '07 John Deere 990, '08 John Deere Gator TX, '12 John Deere 5055D

Postby Mike in NC » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm sure it will all go well. The guy will probably be delighted to work on a Cub after tackling some of those jobs.
Thank the Farmer for your food and thank Wall Street for leaving you too poor to buy any.