This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What is everyones ebay username?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Even knowing another members eBay name doesn’t ensure that you won’t be bidding against them. In the situation with me outbidding Tim, it was because we both bid at the last minute not knowing the other was bidding. When you are sniping, and I do, you never no if another member is doing the same. Tim only knew it was me because I use a similar name as I do here. But by then the auction had ended. Had he bid earlier I still would have bid because I had no idea what his eBay name is.

I agree somewhat with Ron’ s idea, but, if I need something I am going to bid on it regardless of who else has a bid in. Once again that is if I need it. I won't bid against them otherwise. I have contacted other members in the past to see if they were bidding or continuing to bid on items. If I want to buy it just because it is a good deal and it is going to set around, then I don’t even waste my time bidding if another member wants it. I don’t want to sound hard about it, but it is an auction and auctions are designed to bring a fair price. Me deciding not to bid doesn’t mean another member will automatically win. They may get it cheaper but there is always that other guy out there who may be bidding.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Blueclawz
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Blueclawz » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm

This is one of those ideas that sounds great in theory but will fail in execution. It is impossible to prevent people from bidding against one another. Its an open market highest bid wins....if the freindship means that much whomever wins can offer it to the other for whatever the cost. If I ran across one of you at a farm sale it would be no different than Ebay....if something sells within my predetermined price guidelines I hope to win it - if not somebody paid more than I was willing no harm no foul. Its not about "winning" even though I see that Ebay is now promoting auctions in this manner.....very poor marketing gimmick but who am I to say?
Anyway its about need....I don't buy things just because I have nothing better to do...I buy them because I need them or somebody I know needs them. Case in point that Farmall Cub trailer in CT. I called the guy 3 minutes after he posted on yesterday's tractors....I said I would take it - send me an address for payment. I then contacted a few of you guys to do a visual/cub express....unfortunately the seller did a few things that I think are unethical so I dropped my interest in item. I did not buy it anyway because it was a killer deal and I could resell it....I don't need it. I was offered a $1500 cub trailer that needs to be fully restored - wont buy that one either.....if you know me I would not even consider paying $1500 for a cub why would I do it for a trailer? Am I cheap......maybe? It's just a hobby to me..

My Ebay ID - Flyfishing26

Feel free to look at my items. And if you need any BIG AG stuff drop me a PM.

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 20637
eBay ID: cub_parts_pro
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Good thing both of us did not do the "Hail Mary" $100 bid at the same time! :lol: I have heard of ebay snipers getting caught red-handed with those sort of bids. :oops:

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:56 pm

timmartin wrote:Good thing both of us did not do the "Hail Mary" $100 bid at the same time! :lol: I have heard of ebay snipers getting caught red-handed with those sort of bids. :oops:

Yes that has happened. Some guys think they can throw a big bid out there and scare someone else off. But like you said, it can backfire if two do it. I only bid as high as i thinks it is worth. less danger that way.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:58 pm

Why should we play games trying to identify someone with a fake name? Aren't we talking about auctions here? What possible difference could it make? In auctions aren't we supposed to bid up to our maximum amount we are willing to pay and then stop? What if the seller is a friend and we artificially limit what he can sell the item for?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub, 1951 Farmall Cub, 1957 Copar Panzer T102, 1957 IH Lo-Boy, 2008 Kubota 2320

Postby Tim Martin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:22 pm

George Willer wrote:Why should we play games trying to identify someone with a fake name? Aren't we talking about auctions here? What possible difference could it make? In auctions aren't we supposed to bid up to our maximum amount we are willing to pay and then stop? What if the seller is a friend and we artificially limit what he can sell the item for?

I agree, the original intent was to find other people from this forum on ebay and see what they have for sale, and to give people a better feeling about buying from people on ebay.

There are pros and cons to knowing who is out there on ebay from this forum but hopefully no one here will not abuse that in the form of bid shilling, or cheat a seller out of bids because they do not want to bid against another form member.

Personally, I will bid against another forum member if I need the part. I put a bid up for that wheel because I need just one OEM Cub wheel in good condition. It sat there all week at the opening bid of $40 so I bid $50.01 with 15-20 seconds. Before I got in another bid the auction ended because I use dial-up at home. Barnyard got it for $51.01 which is a fair price for both the buyer and seller IMHO.

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51646

Postby RustyFarmall » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:41 pm

timmartin wrote:
maplehillfrm wrote:actually the weight is 70 lbs for either box, and that is anywhere in the us, coast to coast,,

Okay, I see it is only internaltional shipments that are limited to 20lbs. Here is the requirements for a flat rate box from the USPS. I might have to go home and try to fit two front wheel weights in one of these boxes to see if they will fit.

Boxes
• Flat Rate Boxes can be used for both domestic and international shipping:

— Available to anywhere in the U.S. for $8.95

— One rate to Canada and Mexico for $23.00

— One rate to all other countries for $37.00

*20 pound maximum for international shipments
• The inside dimensions for the two boxes available are 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375". The two boxes are different shapes to accomodate a variety of contents.
• The contents of the flat rate box must be neatly contained inside the box with adhesive packaging tape.
• The box must close securely and retain its shape when taped with adhesive.
• The shape of the box may not be changed or enlarged to fit its contents.

There is a new flat rate box from the USPS. It will be available for use March 1 of this year. The size is 12 X 12 X 5 1/2. The cost I think is $12.95

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RustyFarmall » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:48 pm

My ebay user ID is the same as my posting ID. I pretty much use that ID only for selling. I don't have a lot of Cub stuff, mostly for Hs and Ms.

Tim Martin
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim Martin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:24 pm

RustyFarmall wrote:There is a new flat rate box from the USPS. It will be available for use March 1 of this year. The size is 12 X 12 X 5 1/2. The cost I think is $12.95

Okay, I was able to get two front wheel weights in the one box but there was an ever so slight buldge in the box. If you taped the two weights together real tight so that they would not shift in the box, I bet that you would have a very good chance of USPS excepting it for $8.95. Obviously this flat rate box thing is a big seller for the USPS if they are coming out with more boxes as mentioned above. I find them much cheaper than UPS or FedEX and I bet that this program is going to take a lot of business away from them both. Plus, USPS delivers to residential addresses on Saturday where the other two do not.

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RustyFarmall » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm

There is also a flat rate garment box. Don't know why they call it a garment box 'cause its still a good heavy box. Can't remember the dimensions right now, but it's pretty handy also. I ship nearly all of my stuff with USPS priority mail. Ya just can't beat the speed. I'm here in southwest Iowa, I sent a package out on Wednesday to New York, it got there today, Friday. That package is probably still smokin'.

Rob in NH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub
1950 cub demonstrator
1957 cub
1967 cub

Postby Rob in NH » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 pm

mine is panelbeata

68427vette
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 68427vette » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:12 pm

mine is 68427vette

beware............

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:15 pm

Guys:

Well I know that sometimes my thought processes can open a very large can of worms... ideal over practicality notwithstanding...

Let me clarify.

1. Just because I choose not to bid against a fellow forum member does not mean that we shouldn't. An individual choice should not be interpreted as a dictum that prevents such activity. It is a personal choice, not one that needs to be universal.

2. If we need something, then of course, we need it and our needs come first I guess when it is our cash we are aspending. So yes.. it I need something that I can't get from Ralph, Tom, Brian, Cecil or another forum member and I am scouring :eBay:, you betcha, I am going to try and buy it.

I just won't bid on an item if someone from the forum is actively bidding and I do not need the item. When they stop, then I may consider entering if it is still within my "Yeah I can buy it limit".

3. :eBay: is an auction .. that just happens to be on-line. I have bid against friends at live auctions for items I wanted... nothing wrong with that, that is what an auction is about.

All I know, is that it will be nice to know who is out there, cause if there are two items basically identical that I want, and one of the sellers is a forum member.. well, I may well choose buying from a member than a non-member. "It is just another one of life's little choices" .. that I like to make.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

don eicher
10+ Years
10+ Years

usps flat rate box

Postby don eicher » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:54 pm

We have shipped two USPS flat rate boxes with two weighs in each shipment.No problems. The USPS web site does state a larger box will be available at 12.95. Do not find a when available date. We have great service using the USPS.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:24 am

In case anyone wishes to take a look at Bob Lonsberry's humorous column about his eBay problem...

http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=2302&go=4
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce