This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ebay Battery Boxes

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beetle
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beetle » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:04 pm

I hope he does not mind me posting this, $90.00 plus shipping.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:38 pm

That price is for a complete powder coated box including the top hold down bolts and wing nuts. You'll be very happy with your new box :!:
8)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:35 pm

Rick:

As soon as I get more info.. I shall send the updated page to the server. I have finally added Pilot Knob as well..

Donny:

For $90.00 powder coated and all that is an excellent price. I don't think anyone could make it for that price unless they are doing a dozen or so at a time. Have to buy a sheet of sandkote and that is at least $120.00US... or was last time we checked.

Good source and now I see what everyone was raving about.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote:I have one of the OEM replacement boxes on my backhoe cub. I couldn't tell any difference in quality between the original. Everything was a carbon copy. Now, the cheap ones on ebay :shock: if they would just take the time to put a heavy light brkt on, it would be enough to get you by for awhile, but the way they are---JUNK. They got me once, but won't again :wink: I contacted the seller and complained about the worthless brkt and he offered to send me an original brkt. He knew what I was talking about but still sells them.

Norm makes a super quality box too. "Unique Design Workshop" in Degraff and his number is 937-585-6475. Norm's boxes are powder coated IH Red. He also makes excellent tool boxes(powder coated red) for the cubs.

Rick

Norm's email address is: uniquedesign@arabellaol.net. This is from a brochure I picked up a couple of years ago. Norm was at Ohio Cubfest 2006 and 2007. I'm sure he'll be at DeGraff for Gene's Cubfest 2008. His boxes can't be beat.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:35 pm

The Specialty Services page has been updated to reflect the new battery and tool box information :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:06 pm

I did look at Norm's stuff last year at DeGraff and it really is quality. I wasn't quite ready to buy one (or put it my overloaded luggage).

Also noticed a while back that Tom (TM) no longer had the good ones on his site. That is what I ended up with and it is top quality. It was easier to get home cause I had a vehicle.

I also believe you can still get them from CaseIH.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:18 pm

I have one of Norm Quay's boxes and can say there are none better. I've made a few of my own so I know what a bargain his are. I also have a couple of the cheap aftermarket ones so I have a good standard for comparison.

Having said all that, except for the poor mounting for the rear light, I think the thickness of the metal is over-rated. Think about this: Once the metal begins to rust it will soon be junk regardless of thickness. For that reason the quality of the coating and cleanliness in general is more important than thickness. :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:39 am

I had E-mailed Tom about his "good" battery boxes, and he said he
was no longer able to source a "good" one for a decent price
so, unfortunately, he no longer stocks them.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:01 am

I had the pleasure of seeing the high quality boxes that Norm had at Cubfest 2007 at Redmans. They are super nice. I don't have one but plan on purchasing one in the future. As far as OEMS boxes, I won one on ebay and they are super nice as well.

I have one of the cheap boxes on Christine, I don't like it. Go for one of Norms or OEMS in my opinion.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:47 am

maybe TM could just stock a few of Norms boxes for the people that do not know about Norms services instead of selling something that not many people want . i know T.M. tractor likes to sell good ole U.S.A. products
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

drspiff
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
Tractors Owned: The '51
Blue Boy
Scout
a host of parts tractors

Postby drspiff » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Here is an update from Norm. I just spoke with him and his wife this morning. It appears that he has had some problems with the power coating people. Seems as though they are not as "righteous" about Cub Red as most of his customers. So from now on, all Cub battery boxes will be supplied blasted and primed. But the box still includes the base unit, the front panel, the lid and the hold-downs.

When mine comes in, I'll post some pictures and the current price.

I've also been thinking about trying to make a battery box out of fiberglass. Wouldn't that be kinda cool!?? With a red gel coat, it would be an easy, low maintenance item and should be almost indestructible.

Rick (exploring new vistas) Dulas

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm

drspiff wrote:Here is an update from Norm. I just spoke with him and his wife this morning. It appears that he has had some problems with the power coating people. Seems as though they are not as "righteous" about Cub Red as most of his customers. So from now on, all Cub battery boxes will be supplied blasted and primed. But the box still includes the base unit, the front panel, the lid and the hold-downs.

When mine comes in, I'll post some pictures and the current price.

I've also been thinking about trying to make a battery box out of fiberglass. Wouldn't that be kinda cool!?? With a red gel coat, it would be an easy, low maintenance item and should be almost indestructible.

Rick (exploring new vistas) Dulas

When I bought the box for Shorty last year Norm had just changed powder coaters. The red was working out but he couldn't do yellow. I sent samples to Norm and the coater couldn't match the yellow???

It seems most school busses and construction equipment is Federal yellow and a match should be easier than the red. In any event I took the box unpainted and rattle canned it. I would have much preferred powder coat because of the acid fumes. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

beetle
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beetle » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Received the new box from Norm today, one word...Excellent. I ain't disappointed.