This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brazilian Cub on Propane

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:16 am

Here's some interesting reading on the subject. Pay particular attention to the "Dual Fuel Installation" link.

http://www.propanecarbs.com/
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 am

Lurker Carl wrote:I'm wondering if the guys in Brazil used propane instead of gasoline because of cost.

That's probably it. I remember reading a few years back that Brazil is totally energy self-dependent. It uses lots of ethanol, from sugar cane, and the rest of its fuel needs are local oil and natural gas wells. I think there's more in the way of gas than oil down there, but I could be mistaken on that point.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:19 am

Brazil currently exports approximately 2.3 million gallons of crude oil per day.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 am

Don McCombs wrote:Brazil currently exports approximately 2.3 million gallons of crude oil per day.

Just did some more reading, and saw that they actually import natural gas, despite their reserves, so I guess I am proven doubly wrong!
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

Return to “Farmall Cub”