This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

engine rebuild DVD

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

engine rebuild DVD

Postby Joey » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:24 pm

Is anyone familiar with the Farmall Cub engine rebuild DVD on ebay? Is it a good tutorial?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Farmall-Cub-Lo-Boy- ... dZViewItem

Thanks.

Butch Zell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Engine Rebuild DVD

Postby Butch Zell » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:14 pm

Joey,

I have their tune-up DVD and it is of poor quality, seems homemade. Info may be good but, camera work and lighting appear amateur. I've learned much more on this forum just reading.

Only my opinion,

Butch

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

i agree, not worth it

Postby boldpsi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:19 am

Joey,

i my early days of Cub ownership (like, July '07 !!!) i enthusiastically spent my money getting myself set up with information, foremostly this forum. then, i figured i'd get the "Cub Tune-up" DVD from the same folks to whom you're referring in this post. what a wast of money!

i'm not putting those folks down... they're trying to help in their own way. it is just a very low-budget and amateur endeavor on their part. they even contradict each other, a very little. so, my vote would be: not worth it.

dave
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:49 am

Thanks for the replies, guys, I'm saving my money. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and believe that I can do it, but I've never tore down an engine before, just replaced parts on the outside. I'm the kind of person who, once I see it done, I got it. I was just looking for a visual presentation so when I attempt mine, I've seen it before and know what I'm working it. I want to try and replace the rings, and whatever else may be necessary, this winter so I'm going to trust you guys to carry me through the process. I've read a lot of the posts on the subject, but some of it was too technical for me because I don't know what the parts were - never seen them!!

Who knows, I might make the 501 club just with questions from the rebuild!