This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I just gotta say.....

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

I just gotta say.....

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:09 pm

Rick Prentice - (BillyandMillie) did a fine and one whale of a job of helicoiling the gas inlet on my stripped out inlet of my IH carb. I've been trying my best to get along with JB weld, etc., and finally sent it to Rick for the right way to be repaired. The new ferrule (sp?) screws right in with fingers now (hurrah!) 8) :D , and when the ferrule is tightened, I have no drips, no cross threads, and most of all no bad mouthing my old carb. I do need to take care of some trash in the gas, but that has nothing to do with the repair job. Also, at the same time, I put the new inserts in the carb flange from McMasters-Carr that have been mentioned here. All in all, it is a professional job of repairs that should last a long, long time. 8) :) :D

Just thought I'd heap the accolades on the right person when they are so well deserved.

SS - the other Rick

BTW, Thanks to Daniel H. who posted about the inserts and told me how to install them the easy way.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: I just gotta say.....

Postby Bugler » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:33 pm

SundaySailor wrote:Rick Prentice - (BillyandMillie) did a fine and one whale of a job of helicoiling the gas inlet on my stripped out inlet of my IH carb. I've been trying my best to get along with JB weld, etc., and finally sent it to Rick for the right way to be repaired. The new ferrule (sp?) screws right in with fingers now (hurrah!) 8) :D , and when the ferrule is tightened, I have no drips, no cross threads, and most of all no bad mouthing my old carb. I do need to take care of some trash in the gas, but that has nothing to do with the repair job. Also, at the same time, I put the new inserts in the carb flange from McMasters-Carr that have been mentioned here. All in all, it is a professional job of repairs that should last a long, long time. 8) :) :D

Just thought I'd heap the accolades on the right person when they are so well deserved.

SS - the other Rick

BTW, Thanks to Daniel H. who posted about the inserts and told me how to install them the easy way.

Hey Sunday Sailor,,,,,, All I need to say is ,,,,,,,YEAAAAAAAAA,,,such a resource Farmallcub.com and it's members are. :D :D :D :D
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:35 pm

Rick is one heck of a nice guy. He even gave me a tour of his place a week ago. Got to see the latest top secret projects and everything
Ron

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:19 pm

Rick is one nice guy to meet.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:14 pm

Rick also did me a huge favor by replacing the bunged up idle tube hole on my carb.... it runs great!

And he is way too modest about his skills and abilities. One look at Harley or the backhoe Cub impresses anyone that has even the slightest clue. I showed a photo I took of Harley to a friends co-worker (they teach Chrysler technicians) and he was way impressed at the V-6 in that baby.

Thanks again Rick!

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:19 pm

Gee, Thanks Guys for the kind words. I'm only doing what everyone else does on this Great site---Help One Another :D :D

Rick

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:26 pm

Rick(billyandmillie) wrote:Gee, Thanks Guys for the kind words. I'm only doing what everyone else does on this Great site---Help One Another :D :D

Rick

And you do one heck of a job at that.

I too was impressed with the V6 Cub. I took several pictures of it when we were at SE Indiana CubFest to show the guys at work. Keep up the great job.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:33 pm

It's really nice to see someone give credit where it's due. A lot of us appreciate things done but forget to let others know. :? Good on you S.S..
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 pm

Yep, Rick gave me the limited tool, shadetree method of the carb
inlet helicoil repair and I was able to do it myself. What a guy
He also did a class "A" job on my rear main seal retainer.

Just don't get any better :-:-):

Bill
Last edited by Bill E Bob on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:01 am

Same here, only good ol' Rick did my rear main seal on my motor. He sure does take pride in his work :D :D Thanks Rick

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:38 am

evielboweviel wrote:Rick is one heck of a nice guy. He even gave me a tour of his place a week ago. Got to see the latest top secret projects and everything
Ron

Almost makes me want to move up there with you Yankees :lol:

Bill

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:58 am

There's NO DOUBT about who the MASTER FABRICATOR is on this site...Rick Prentice! AND...He's a REALLY NICE GUY to boot! WAY TA GO Rick!!! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby splicer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:28 pm

I'd like to see that V6 pull a sled! Rick is definately one of "the Men" on this site. Don't forget to take a tour on George Willers homepage also, it's killer!
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078
'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right
- Henry Ford

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:07 am

I had the pleasure of seeing Rick work in person at CubFest in Ohio last Summer. I can tell you that when the job is done, it is done RIGHT. I have never in my life seen a person so meticulous in his work than Rick. (Don McCombs is a close second with his carb work).

Now, don't go takin' any offense, guys...I just haven't see you work yet...

Rick is top notch (and a really nice guy, too!)

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH

Just a little further...

Postby SundaySailor » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:15 am

Well, the carb is back on the Cub, and it purrs like a kitten! It turns out that the plastic baggie I stored the parts in until the carb top came back was used, and had a little something sticky inside it that I couldn't see. :shock: When I tore the carb back apart, I could find nothing (trash wise) to make the needle valve stick and make it run over like it did. So, I took the float back off, and the needle valve didn't come out of the seat like it should. I removed it with needle nosed pliers, and ran it between my fingers. This is when I noticed a sticky feel to the needle valve. A quick washing in the sink along with the carb top helped solve that problem. After letting it dry and putting the parts back together, I remounted the carb on the Cub. It fired right up the first time, and I readjusted the idle. I can now pull the governor control almost to the full rear, and the Cub still runs, though at a very low rpm. Still no leaks, and no complaints from here! 8) :D :)

Way to go Rick! When you're good, you're good. And, you're definitely one of the Masters at your profession. We all appreciate the efforts the Masters here give us rookies.

Salute!

SS
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Return to “Farmall Cub”