This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Throw-out bearing Success!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Throw-out bearing Success!

Postby EZ » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:09 am

It was raining up in in Northern Ontario yesterday, thus we had no kids over to skate on the outdoor rink. Hey, with the shop free I decided to get into the '67 Loboy, Frank.
The tractor split was successful. I had to change out the throw-out bearing as the graphite block was busted up. Well, what to my amazement was in the clutch housing but 2 of the 3 locking nuts for the clutch finger adjustment. Not sure why or how, but maybe before it was finally put away 20 years ago someone had attempted to adjust the clutch, or, they were not tightened down and fell off? Maybe it was the missing 3rd. one that busted the graphite block? Anyway, that was last night. This morning, after a double check that all was tight, all cotter pins in, etc......I joined Frank back together. Looks like I'll have to do some adjusting for the fresh TOB, but I should be able to try and take it for a spin later on today. The whole job takes 3 to 4 hours for a novice. :D
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall Cub”