This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Update on Cub Story

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Update on Cub Story

Postby Merlin » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:55 pm

It was nice today so I went out and took the hyd. reservoir off my old friends Cub because it wouldn't raise or lower any longer. I have another one I am going to install, but got curious about why it wouldn't work. I took the bottom plate off and the first thing I saw was a white plastic bottle cap that looks as if it came off of something like an old shampoo bottle or something of that sort. The first thought that came to mind was that someone put it in through the fill hole. I picked it up and just for the devil of it. I tried to put it in the fill hole. "IT WOULDN'T FIT". The old man told me that in all the years hes owned it, nobody has been into the reservoir. The hyd. oil looked as if someone filled it with cup grease. It was nasty. I still haven't cleaned it yet. The screen was tore up and collapsed also. Wierd what you can find in different places.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:34 pm

Then there was the guy with a bad rattle in his car. After a very long time of everyone looking for it someone found a bottle in a concealed panel with a note in it that said. I bet you had a hard time finding this.
Young man for work, old man for advice

Return to “Farmall Cub”