Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:55 pm

I just bought a Vacum/Pressure gauge combo gauge at Carquest last week (about $28) with it was an instruction sheet that lists, I think, several more things than already mentioned. Now I'll have to compare and take pictures. Used it to check for fuel line restrictions coming into the fuel pump on a 1980 F-350 using the vacum side and the fuel pump output with pressure side. Comes with a couple fittings and I bought some T fittings with hose barbs and a few feet of gas line and clamps. I guess I'll have to add a 1/8" pipe to hose barb to my fittings box!

On the vacum wiper subject, when I rode the school bus back in the late sixties/early seventies we had an older bus with vacum wipers. When it rained one of us kids would stand beside the driver and manually operate the wipers by the little crome handle sticking through to the inside, when we went uphill, so the driver could see. Couldn't you imagine the trail of lawyers following a bus today if they saw a kid doing that???????

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:34 pm

This post aint too bad to be 7 years old :D

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Boss Hog wrote:This post aint too bad to be 7 years old :D


Boss Hog, you got that right! And started by one of the nicest guys and most helpful guys I've met on my journey with the Farmall Cub.

Donny, you're the original article, and I'm proud to call you my friend! We all benefit from your presence on this forum!

Corky :applause:

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Corky's Cub wrote:
Boss Hog wrote:This post aint too bad to be 7 years old :D


Boss Hog, you got that right! And started by one of the nicest guys and most helpful guys I've met on my journey with the Farmall Cub.

Donny, you're the original article, and I'm proud to call you my friend! We all benefit from your presence on this forum!

Corky :applause:

:thumbsup: :Dito: :Dito: :thumbsup:

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 pm

:big afro: For sure. A man of few words, but the words spoken, are straight. Never any guessing what is meant. Good or bad.
I consider him a friend.

Dale

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:25 am

I remember the "helper" chrome handles on the bus wipers. Don't remember the oldest bus I rode in, but I rode a '51 Ford to middle school and drove a '51 International bus in high school, later a '59 GMC with a Pontiac V-8, 5 sp tranny. Vacuum worked the stop sign too. Everything's electrical now. In the first grade we had a spare bus that only had 3 seats! One on each side and one down the middle!

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:50 am

moe1942 wrote:I used to time my engine with a vacuum gauge..


Yep, adjust timing for max vacuum, then retard until you get a half inch less vacuum in the gauge reading. Mr. Moe may shoot for a little different figure. :D

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:51 am

ellen wrote:
Corky's Cub wrote:
Boss Hog wrote:This post aint too bad to be 7 years old :D


Boss Hog, you got that right! And started by one of the nicest guys and most helpful guys I've met on my journey with the Farmall Cub.

Donny, you're the original article, and I'm proud to call you my friend! We all benefit from your presence on this forum!

Corky :applause:

:thumbsup: :Dito: :Dito: :thumbsup:


:thumbsup: (^__^)

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:09 am

dshawz wrote::big afro: For sure. A man of few words, but the words spoken, are straight. Never any guessing what is meant. Good or bad.
I consider him a friend.

Dale


I also agree...alway been there...always just a phone call away...
Robert (I have 18" steady vacuum at idle) (but still runs bad above idle) Miller

Re: Your Engine Sucks!!!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:54 pm

truly a good man