This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

run away tractor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John in Ct
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby John in Ct » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:52 pm

I am usually pretty careful but I will admit that it happened to me. And I KNOW BETTER :( too!!! I was starting my IH 154 standing on the left side, it started in gear and the back tire slowly ran over my foot. No injury to me or the tractor but I will admit that I had S**t for brains that day.

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 am

I look at it like starting a stick-shift car. Set the brake, and put the tranny in gear. Before thinking about starting, make sure you pull the tranny out of gear, then fire it up, and then taker off the e-brake. But I haven't been at this as long as most of y'all.
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:02 am

The brake on a cub isn't very good as a brake. After owning it 15 years or so I finally took the 4 inch grinder to square up the part on the floor pan. Now I need to square up the part on the peddel. I really don't trust it.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”