This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Introduction and Some Questions

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:43 pm

i used a small flat head screwdriver and tapped it in the broken fitting with a hammer and backed it right. peice of cake. good luck and welcome .
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:51 pm

I just remembered and went out and checked my '52. Looks like all the zerts in the front axle are 1/4-28 and the ones in the t/c are 1/8" pipe. I think the one in the pto cover is pressed in. I didn't check the throw out bearing. Also, I'm not sure what year they started, but there's a zert at the bottom of the torque tube where the pedal shafts enter.

I also noticed something else. I don't know what they're called, but the parts that connect the axle to the wheel hubs--the left one has a fitting facing frontward, and the right one has a fitting facing rearward. I assume this means I have either two left ones on the tractor, or two right ones? Does this pose a problem?
All my cubs are that way.

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:21 pm

Champion James wrote:I'd put up a picture of my Cub, but I don't know of any place on the web to stash one.

We have that covered as well. Click on the "Cubfest Host" button at the top of the page. Register. Here's how to post to the photo host and get it to display here: http://photos.cubfest.com/index.php?cat=7
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 pm

Welcome a board don't be afraid to ask any questions.Get lots of answers!!!! :twisted: :twisted: some better than others!!!!!Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!