Decals for cub

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Decals for cub

Postby DrCJV » Tue May 22, 2007 6:16 am

Where is the best place to get replacement decals for my cub?
DrCJV
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 6:21 am

I bought mine from Maple-Hunter decals in Indiana (thanks to Bigdog). Here is the contact info, ask for John:

Maple-Hunter Decals
P.O. BOx 805
Riley ,Indiana 47871
Telephone: John Hunter: (812) 894-9759

You will find there are several places to buy them. I got mine for my 49 and was well pleased with the decals and the quick sevice.
deputy jailer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Bigdog » Tue May 22, 2007 6:25 am

Maple-Hunter Decals would be my first choice. However there are many good sources such as Binder Books or Carter & Gruenewald.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby DrCJV » Tue May 22, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks for the fast response
DrCJV
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue May 22, 2007 6:47 am

TSC (tractor supply) has them too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 6:54 am

While we are on the subject of decals can anyone explain something. check out the link below

http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/pics/wm_2565r.jpg

The decal that has LH D B and the one O D B. I know one or the other is for the light switch, I think. If both ARE used were do they go. anyone have any pics of them on the tractor.
deputy jailer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby JimT » Tue May 22, 2007 6:54 am

I got mine at TSC and I think they are a nice set of decals.

JimT
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.
JimT
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby Cecil » Tue May 22, 2007 6:57 am

The one with LHBD is for the tractors with a cutout as apposed to a voltage regulator. Low, High (charge), Bright, Dim (lights).
Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 12184
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue May 22, 2007 7:33 am

deputyjailer90 aka podge wrote:While we are on the subject of decals can anyone explain something. check out the link below

http://www.ytmag.com/store/parts/pics/wm_2565r.jpg

The decal that has LH D B and the one O D B. I know one or the other is for the light switch, I think. If both ARE used were do they go. anyone have any pics of them on the tractor.

Rather than make several different decal sets for a tractor depending on options and features, most decal sets include all the decals for a particular model and any options or features it may be equipped with.

In this case, the set is for the 47-54 Cub, which was equipped with a cutout through 1950 and a regulator from 1951-1954, or something like that. The LH D B decal is for the 4-position light switch that controls the cutout, and the ODB decal is for the 3-position light switch that only controls the lights, because the regulator is automatic.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years

Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety Award

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 22, 2007 10:05 am

Matt Kirsch wrote:In this case, the set is for the 47-54 Cub, which was equipped with a cutout through 1950 and a regulator from 1951-1954, or something like that. The LH D B decal is for the 4-position light switch that controls the cutout, and the ODB decal is for the 3-position light switch that only controls the lights, because the regulator is automatic.

The funny thing about this set is it is "McCormick-Deering" which makes it '47-'49 only, but includes an (O D B) that is '50 and later only.

There is a fundamental problem with what is "best" because that is a subjective term. It includes at least 3 distinct aspects that may be considered separately or in combination:

1) Cheapest. You can shop around for that. Likely sources include places like TSC, many eBay or internet sellers, Iron Horse etc.
2) Pretty ones for over-restored trailer queens, accuracy not important. Vinyl cut ones from Maple-Hunter fit the bill.
3) Accurate wording and appearance. Go to Ken Updike at C&G.

Your money, your choice.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety Award

Postby deputy jailer » Tue May 22, 2007 10:57 am

I guess I have one of those over-restored trailer queens then. My boys don't have the luxury of growing up on tractors like I did since tabacco is worthless now. My over-restored trailer queen is purely for the enjoyment of my children and when I am dead and gone they can tell their children and grand children that they helped their daddy over-restore that pretty little red trailer queen. They can also say my daddy was never perfect therefore accuaracy was the least of his worries.
deputy jailer
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Rob in NH » Tue May 22, 2007 11:35 am

anybody know what they had for decals on a 66? the only one mine had was one on the battery box.
Rob in NH
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 03848
eBay ID: panelbeata
Tractors Owned: 1947 circle cub 1948 cub 1957 cub 1966 cub
Circle of Safety Award

Postby CityCub » Tue May 22, 2007 12:09 pm

1)
Cheapest. You can shop around for that. Likely sources include places like TSC, many eBay or internet sellers, Iron Horse etc.
2) Pretty ones for over-restored trailer queens, accuracy not important. Vinyl cut ones from Maple-Hunter fit the bill.
3) Accurate wording and appearance. Go to Ken Updike at C&G.

I took a few close-up reference pictures of my 58 cub's original decals before blasting & painting. I can't comment on Maple Hunter or the others, but I recently ordered a full set from Ken at C&G. Ken is very nice and helpfull, and I believe the decals are fairly authentic and accurate in overall appearance. My only reservation is that they were either scanned or printed digitally at a lower resolution, so the type has a jagged, rough appearance. You can only see this at close range -- 8 inches or less, so it may not be a problem for some.
CityCub
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to Farmall Cub