This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

49' cub wiring schematic

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri May 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Rudi wrote:Guys: Need a hand.. and maybe a quick suggestion.

Bob Melville's schematic:

is somewhat similar to what we have on Alde's Cub. What are the differences.. and how do I PROPERLY wire Alde's Cub.

He has the 10SI, IC-10 external coil for use with an external ballast resistor, the external ballast resistor, lights etc.... but no fuse. I gotta go get a fuse and fuse holder.. which fuse holder do I need.

Now.. what would be really useful is a combination of these two schematics for a Cub with mostly a standard installation but with the 10si and the external ballast resistor.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPho ... p=60355346

Rudi. There are a number of ways to wire in the 10SI alternator. I use the one posted directly above. It keeps the battery charged. I have to rev up the engine to excite the alternator. When the battery is charged, reving up the engine will not excite the alternator.

Fuse: I would get one of the inline fuse holders for the cartridge fuses. The fuse doesn't have to be very big. I'm just guessing 10 amps.

On a WD Allis Chalmers. There was a seperate toggle switch for the lights (no longer have lights). I wired the old light switch from the ignition switch to the old toggle switch to the #1 terminal on the alternator. I just flip the switch to excite the alternator. Then turn off the switch.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.