This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Alternator 12V Conv.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Alternator 12V Conv.

Postby EZ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:57 am

For those who do the conversion to a 10SI alt. here's a pic from the YT from BobM over there. he is legendary for his diagrams.

One particular part of the circuit I like is the warning light. I used one on the '44 A. Once the alt. hits the proper RPM the light will extinguish and you know you are charging, light on, not charging.

I have no reason to do an alt. conv. on my Cubs, but I will be using this for the 130.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4001561&a=30065733&f=0
Just Do It !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnb175
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby johnb175 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:23 pm

Well I just look at my ammeter. When I start it's slightly toward discharge and after I rev for a second it jumps toward charge. Why would one need a light? Isn't the light/diode for a 3 wire conversion also?

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:39 pm

I wonder if many of the 20 or so guys who plowed with Scotty at CubFest 2006 noticed the indicator light? That installation also has a momentary contact button to start the alternator charging so it isn't even necessary to increase RPM.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

TJ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 72455

Postby TJ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:35 pm

On my M I have it wired up on a oil pressure switch from NAPA.When it has oil pressure its chargeing no matter what RPM.If the key gets left on theres no chance of burning up the alternator.It must have oil pressure to complete the circut. No light or diode.The cub charges fine don't plan to change it.
1972int.cub , c-3 int mower , 54a blade
1950 M farmall "under construction"

If a word is misspelled in the dictionary who would know? from uncle johns bathroom reader

Return to “Farmall Cub”