This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Is a IH 140 side mower the same as the Cub 22

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary_N_WV
10+ Years
10+ Years

Is a IH 140 side mower the same as the Cub 22

Postby Gary_N_WV » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:08 pm

I have a chance to buy a side sickle mower that was for a 140.
I was told that it is the same mower as the cub 22.
Is it the same as the cub mower?
I'm guessing that most of the parts will interchange, but was wondering if there are major differences.

Thanks!
Gary
I envy no man that knows more than me, but pity those who know less !

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:13 pm

The mounting bracket that bolts on the transmission tunnel under the hydraulic unit is very different. The cub is very narrow, and a super A, 140 has almost an angle iron X style bracket that bolts up. In my dealings a super A sickle mower is worth more than a cub, I'd buy it and sell it, and buy you a nice cub one. :D Brandon. Here's a cub sickle, notice how it mounts to the tunnel compaired to the one your looking at:
http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/cub22_001.htm

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:29 pm

I believe the rear pully is quite a bit smaller on the supper a - 140
Than the cub also.
The pitman out ward apear to be the same if its a 5 ft blade i thank you could get a 6 ft with the 140 witch wood be to much for a cub in heavy grass. If I get a chance tomorrow I will measure the drive shaft to see if it is the same length. If it is you would only have to change the brackets and the rear pully.
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Gary_N_WV
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gary_N_WV » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:02 am

Thanks guys for your responses.
I already have a Cub mower, but have some parts that are worn and I was looking for better ones to replace them.
I was talking to this fellow and he told me he had severl cub mowers, but he had a mower off a 140 that, according to him was the same as a Cub 22, and it was a real tight mower.
My mower has a good bit of play at the inner shoe hinge because of worn holes and pins, plus I was thinking I could tear the 2 apart, and put the better parts back together and paint it up etc or if this mower is a good one and would fit, I'd just keep the one I already have for spare parts.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 am

There was a model 105 Balanced-Head Mower (would cut from vertical to 45 degrees below horizontal) for Cub, Cub Lo-Boy, and 140 tractors, that had a 5 ft cutter bar, but I don't know anything about it other than what it says on the one page in the 1967 International Industrial Equipment Buyers Guide.

Gary_N_WV
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gary_N_WV » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:04 am

I guess I wasn't thinking when I posted this question...
A wise fellow on another forum reminded me that the PTO rotation direction is different on the cub, so the nut on the pitman drive pin would be the opposite thread direction in addition to the mounting for the mower being different etc.

Thanks for your quick responses.
Gary

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:26 pm

Piece parts on the cutter bar may be the same and the little nut with the built in handle that is used to hold the cutter bar in transport position will interchange. That is about all.

Return to “Farmall Cub”