This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Wish Me Luck.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:15 pm

It would be worthwile to get the two gaskets also, they are more difficult and 'obvious' than most gaskets.

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/pt/022fp.htm
http://www.tmtractor.com/new/pt/925fp.htm

And a 'parts cub' can be a good value too... but it sure is more convenient to call Ralph or Tom and not have to worry if the part I need is any good, cause it will be good! And I would only end up fixing it up anyway.... :D

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:55 pm

thanks.
i never use old gaskets on anything. its not worth doing it again for the few bucks they cost.

Pat412
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75135

Postby Pat412 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:29 pm

F3,

I have also recently "redone" the PTO on my 55 as it would grind as it got to full RPM. Took apart to make sure parts were not "toast". All looked well and I put back together "correctly" filled with gear oil and same thing still occured. It was the easiest fix. The lever that engaged the PTO was bent not allowing the collar to get fully onto the shaft. Bent it straight and no probs since. Hind sight truly is 20/20. Hope you get it fixed quickly!

Patrick

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Pat412 wrote:F3,

I have also recently "redone" the PTO on my 55 as it would grind as it got to full RPM. Took apart to make sure parts were not "toast". All looked well and I put back together "correctly" filled with gear oil and same thing still occured. It was the easiest fix. The lever that engaged the PTO was bent not allowing the collar to get fully onto the shaft. Bent it straight and no probs since. Hind sight truly is 20/20. Hope you get it fixed quickly!

Patrick

thanks. i wish my problem was so simple. im faceing expencive worn and broken parts. i spent all my avaliable cash buying Bertha. ill get it done though. im determained to work the poor lady all summer. :)

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:17 pm

When going to put it back together, Take 2 bolts about 3' long and cut the heads off. Then start them on each side of the rear, You then slide the assemly in and using the studs for a guied , sslide the coller into place as the shaft centers

FuryIII
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FuryIII » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:31 pm

Jack Donovan wrote:When going to put it back together, Take 2 bolts about 3' long and cut the heads off. Then start them on each side of the rear, You then slide the assemly in and using the studs for a guied , sslide the coller into place as the shaft centers

a great idea. thanks.

Return to “Farmall Cub”