This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

snowplow hydra turn

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

snowplow hydra turn

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:31 am

Ok we talked about this before and i just ordered a DA cylinder so i can fabricate it to my snowplow now. I ordered a 2 1/2" bore/ 8" stroke w/ 1 3/8" shaft. The closed length is 16" so its perfect. I wasn't going to do it at this time but why not to get it done while i'm welding. I figure i can center the cylinder on the lower plow frame so when the plow is lifted it will stay level.

My first old jeep cj had a 2 way plow and i got really boring getting out of the jeep to turn the plow all the time. My jeep tractor came with a 4 way plow and i'm in heaven. A 2 way plow isn't bad for long driveways/roads and straight paths to plow when your only going down and back.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:33 am

Hi Bill. Once you get your cub all fixed up for plowing, you'll sell the Jeep :shock: , like I did. It's more fun on the cub :D

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:47 pm

My jeep is going to my new house in VT in the spring thats why i purchased the cub its going to cover the chores here in CT. My place in VT is on a class4 road and right smack in the snow belt so the jeep will be needed more up there.

I have to post pics of my jeep tractor the new frame took me over a year to weld and fabricate it looks awesome. I have the dump body but its not on it yet. I was thinking about making a SIMS cab type body for it since it has no body yet.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:09 am

I was working on the Ariens last night and took a look at the valve that operates the lift cylinder. It's an open center so it looks like it would work great for a swing valve on the plow. Now all I have to do is look at the junk tractors at work and see if there is anything there that will work. Maybe another project. As if I needed one.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:34 am

I know the feeling eveywhere i look i find another project to add to my list. I have the 154 cub and now i need to fabricate all the stuff to go with it.(snowplow, 3pt carryall, 3pt boom/log dragger, 4 wheel cart ect.) It just grows and goes on and on. Then i have other projects that need finishing too. I have a jeep cj tractor that i made a rear dump body for and i have everything to make it work but the time right now to assemble it. I got the brain storm to buy another house and i'm still moving in and getting settled. I can't wait till its all over and done with. In the spring i will need a front loader/backhoe too for grading and drainage work. I wanted to build a front loader/backhoe too but there may not be enough time to do it all. I just can't do it all.

Return to “Farmall Cub”