This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch release bearing

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Andy94
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch release bearing

Postby Andy94 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:43 pm

Ok, I just read the previous post "Happy Birthday to Me" and that is now the second clutch release bearing I have read about that blew out right after installation. I got an imported :oops: one to install in my '47 Cub, but I am getting really worried...

Is this one going to be any good, or should I spring for the good American made one at TM? I got a good deal on the import, but I really hate imported junk. Anyone know anything about these?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:45 pm

If it was me, I'd spend the money...............
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

denton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Ford 8N
1953 Allis CA (not running)
1996 Kubota M4700

Postby denton » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:01 pm

I'm not sure the T/O bearing was the culprit. In fact I believe the flying debris from the clutch contacted and destroyed the bearing as I don't believe it was touching the clutch. Of course I put it all together so I can only blame me if something was not installed correctly which it may have been but I've done this maybe 10 times with a couple types of tractors and this is the first time anything like this has happened. I think I would still get a good T/O bearing as it will take many years of you riding that clutch at parades.

Return to “Farmall Cub”