This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Christmas Gift to a farmall.com member.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in IN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46750
Tractors Owned: '59 cub running
'48 'H' running?
'54 '400' project
'67 806' project
?? '706' project
'70' 826G Hydro 'every day power! 1 of 14
'71' MM G1050 - Big iron
'51' JD 'R' project
'61 JD 3010 project
'48 Allis 'G'
'??' F-12 my son's

Postby Larry in IN » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:56 am

I think Merlin just won with his tease :!: :lol:
My story won't win, but maybe will help keep someone else from repeating it - I did a rebuild on the hydraulic pump,and the TC unit, put everything back together, and NADA!
It would extend the ram slowly, but would not lift anything, and would not retract without help. Happily, about the same time Rick Prentice had a similar experience and discovered that the cause was that the bushings inside the pump had been installed as a mirror image of the proper way.
IH had not discovered 'idiot proofing' yet. Maybe they never did.
No matter, we keep coming up with better idiots :shock:
P.S.
After reversing the pump bushings, the pressure was som much greater than before, that it blew the hydraulic manifold where it had been brazed. I am now painting the replacement that I just received from Ralph 8) :!:
One of the few advantages of growing older is that I finally realized that I haven't made ALL the stupid mistakes! Yet!

steel
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby steel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:09 am

I found out the hard way exactly how heavy full rear weels with weights on them are. It was the first time I ever removed tractor wheels. I completely forgot about all the weight since I was used to wworking on cars and trucks. I had my impct wrench in one hand, so when the wheel let loose, I was basically one handed and trying to stop the wheel from falling. It was already beyond the point of no return and getting my leg under the wheel only proved to be painful. Needless to say, I quickly realized that I needed to just get out of the way and let it fall.

This past weekend I was talking to my dad about the Cub (I got it from him), and I mentioned taking the rear wheels off. The first thing out of his mouth was "Oh yah, I forgot to warn you about that". Yah he did.

I did learn my lesson though.