This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

WARNING: FISHY EBAY CUB AUCTIONS

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

WARNING: FISHY EBAY CUB AUCTIONS

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:55 pm

I think there may be a hacked account involved here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Farmall-IH-1960-Cub ... dZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Farmall-Cub-Low-Boy ... dZViewItem

1. Starting prices are too low.
2. No reserve.
3. 24 hour auctions.
4. Lame excuse about problems with ebay email address. My crap detector is going off.

I've seen that LoBoy and loader somewhere before. You'd have to be insane to put that Loboy/loader up on ebay with such a low start price and for such a short time wit no reserve!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:07 pm

that cub was on ePay a little bit back... not more than 2-3 weeks i think

Johnny

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:13 pm

What's most ironic to me is the high number of positive feedbacks this clown has somehow gotten. Notice also that the lone bidder is one in the same on both auctions. Free shipping ??? Now there's a definite clue IMO. We need to check back at noon tomorrow. Anyone notify Ebay ??

1stCub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1stCub » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:19 pm

kind of funny the items were removed by Ebay lol
I'm so far behind I think I'm in first place.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:58 am

That confirms my suspicions.

What most likely happened is that someone hacked into this guy's account and posted these two Cubs for sale. Those weren't the actual seller's feedbacks, those were the feedbacks of the account he hacked.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:08 am

They are getting greedy. There were also 10 or 11 Cub Cadet Compact tractors with loaders for $10.50 with only 4 hours to go when I saw them. They will hack someone ebay account and then when and if the auction is over will email you and give a different name and address to send the money to.

If you have an eBay account, watch it closely to make sure you are not "bidding" on something without your knowledge. It is easy to see what you are bidding on if you go to MY EBAY. I just sold something on eBay, with the " buy-it-now" price. I got the "Your item sold" email from eBay, and thought it looked strange for a female in Los Angleles to be buying Cub Cadet parts. The next day I received a TKO email from eBay saying the auction was canceled/voided, and all my associated fees credited back to my account, because of unauthorized use of the bidders account. I suppose the lady caught what was happening with her account and reported it to eBay. The next day I got an email from "John Scott" saying he agreed to pay my price because the item was what his client in Africa needed, and he would send a money order for more than the amount etc., etc, . The dummy even included the supposed email from eBay where the bidder had gone through check out, that had the lady's name and address on it, although he wanted the extra money sent someplace else.

Return to “Farmall Cub”