This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

front tubes

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
2 Busy
10+ Years
10+ Years

front tubes

Postby 2 Busy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:26 am

Where do you get a front tire tube that wil not split in the seam? Hopefully not chinese junk

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Rick Prentice » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:14 am

Yep, Robert. I bought a front tube for one of my cubs at a well know tire supplier. Got it home and took it out of the bag, made in _ _ _ _ _. I slid it into the tire and noticed right off the bat, the valve stem was mounted exactly in the middle and not the outer edge. As soon as I started to apply air, the stem kept wanting to pull inside to find the center again. I managed to somewhat rotate the tube to get it to work, although the stem is still somewhat angled. This is for "Harley's" front rims which are wider, so this problem was even worse than with the skinny 3 1/2"-4" rim. I've been looking to see if any rims made ever had the stem in the center, but haven't seen any. It sure looked good in the package all sealed in plastic :shock:

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:51 am

2 busy. a couple things to watch,. One is make sure they are giving you the right size tube. Frequently they will not have the correct size and provide a bigger one, which wrinkles and splits. another thing is that if you use the tires sealers made for tubeless tires it will disolve the glue in the seams of the tube.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!