This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Paint color C3 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DaveB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01516

Paint color C3 mower

Postby DaveB » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:30 pm

I am ready to paint my International C3 mower. The original color looked like standard white but when I went to the local Case IH dealer for paint the parts guy said it should be the creamey white like the grill on my 60 cub. I would like to paint it whatever the original color was. Anyone know which white it should be? Thanks for any help, Dave B

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

kinelbor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04762

Postby kinelbor » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:23 pm

The Woods white that is sold is a sorta off white. Not sure what the code is, I think Rudi may have it posted on the server. Is the whole mower white with the internation C3?
Nik - 1948 Farmall Cub

DaveB
10+ Years
10+ Years

c3 mower

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:57 am

I looked on Rudi site but I did not find any color for the c3. The whole mower is painted white. Thanks for your help. Dave B

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:36 pm

Not exactly sure about the C-3, but the C-2 is the same white as the white on the yeller Cubs. It is available from a dealer (C&G).

I never did get around to painting the whole thing, but here is the parts I painted http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Bu ... cc5f93.jpg

The Delstar (PPG) used for the rest of the tractor was 8665 and according to Rudi's chart it is IH 901, but I can check the rattle can of IH paint if you need to know for sure. May even have a whole rattle can left.

You can come on down and look at the can and talk Cubs if you want!

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:10 pm

Dave:

The C-3 is not listed on the server, and frankly not much else is listed as per model on the paint chart. If you know what colour it should be.. then you can use the chart to cross reference or just get the colour number.

If you want your mower to match your 1960 Cub, then the paint should be IH 901 , and the paint is available at CNH dealers.

McCormick Deering IH Farmall, Paint Chart
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

DaveB
10+ Years
10+ Years

disc harrow

Postby DaveB » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:50 pm

Thanks Rudi and Larry. I went to NAPA and bought International white. I painted the mower today. I will try to post some pictures later. Larry anytime you are in the area stop in. Always looking to talk tractors. Dave B

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:35 pm

A friend lives over your way in Oxford. But I think the next time up your way I will have a 48 Cub in tow, a long trip so no time to visit.

Now I need to find out if it makes sense to take a tractor through Canadian and US customs in the same day. I really prefer the northern route over CT, NY, NJ, PA. Rudi, I guess they let you back into Canada... how were they when you came back from Cecil's??
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:31 am

Buzzard Wing wrote:A friend lives over your way in Oxford. But I think the next time up your way I will have a 48 Cub in tow, a long trip so no time to visit.

Now I need to find out if it makes sense to take a tractor through Canadian and US customs in the same day. I really prefer the northern route over CT, NY, NJ, PA. Rudi, I guess they let you back into Canada... how were they when you came back from Cecil's??

Larry:

Surprisingly the DID NOT strip my van.. first time in decades. :!: :? :shock: :roll: :? 8) :D :D :lol:

Must have been cause Em made sure we had an itemized list with EXACT figures for EVERYTHING we bought in the US.... we pulled up to the gate.. he asked How Long, Declaring? How Much.. have a great day folks and Y'all come back now ya hear :!: :!: and we was off..

Shocked the hell out of me....

Take the northern route.. faster, easier.. just declare everything.. and stop at customs and have them register Cathy... tres simple.. :!: :wink: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”