This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lowboy Trencher on Ebay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:42 pm

Da Gone it Jim that is only about 40 miles from me :wink:

About 20 as the crow flies :lol:

I have bought a couple cubs from that neighbornood.

I am gonna have to tune up my locator Beacon :{_}:
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:56 pm

hr's49cub wrote:Nice going Jim B. 8) 8) Says the chain is worn out? Replacements still available? Or maybe can be repaired? As far a ebay search, I just use "Farmall Cub". Maybe I should broaden the verbage a bit to include I/H....or maybe put "Cub" first. :lol:

I found it by searching for "cub trencher". Of course, as soon as I hit the buy-it-now button, anyone would have to specify a search for completed items.

Replacement chains can be obtained, but I have no idea what it would cost. I don't expect to be cutting a lot of trenches anyway.

I was just looking on eBay and there was a button for calculating shipping. I thought, "that might be amusing" and clicked it. Nothing seemed to happen. It probably sent an email to Roger.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:58 pm

I found it from Backswampcub's pointer. I searched for lowboy trencher since it was pointed that way. Bingo! I'm accustomed to referring to them as Lo-Boy, but there are variants. :D

Yes, Ralph... Moscow. OH is even closer to you than Morrow, OH was, but it may have required swimming. :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

BackswampCub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Started a Frenzy

Postby BackswampCub » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:18 pm

I did not realize I had started a frenzy. I just knew I had missed it until today. Then I read the ask seller question where one guy asked if he could start trenching with it immediately. I knew the future of the tractor if it fell into a contractors hands. Run too death left to rot in a field or sent out for scrap when it was used up. I could not see that happen to it. I just wish my finances had permitted it. But mine will turn up one day. Till then I will enjoy my 4 Bar Cub. Congrats Jim I know it will be loved and restored to its glory
1961 Cub
1948 Cub
1960 CUB
1964 CUB CADET 100
23A Disc,2-C-22 sickles,54 Blade,152 disc,38a lift disc,C2 Mower,Kub Klipper, and a side dresser.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Re: Started a Frenzy

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:25 pm

BackswampCub wrote:and restored to its glory

You haven't seen any of my tractors have you?

BackswampCub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Have not seen

Postby BackswampCub » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:33 pm

I can't say that I have. I take it you are a mechanical restorer and are not worried about the cosmetic end of the deal. It would still be restored to its glory. Would a trencher be any more glorius then to be working like a fine tuned machine but still have a little dirt on him like it was built for
1961 Cub
1948 Cub
1960 CUB
1964 CUB CADET 100
23A Disc,2-C-22 sickles,54 Blade,152 disc,38a lift disc,C2 Mower,Kub Klipper, and a side dresser.

rvbarkley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rvbarkley » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:21 am

Boy, all the activity now ! Where was everyone the last several years that I've been trying to sell this ? :P :P It was at Bigdogs Cubfest 2005 with a for sale sign on it, several ebay listings not to mention local shows and papers with not even a offer ! :( :( I was just about to put it out along the road with a "free to good home" sign on it !
Seriously, very glad it went to Jim, I know it will have a good home. I would have kept, but like the listing said...figured after having it for several years and not having time, felt it was time to let someone else take care of.
Will miss this site, wait.. :?: :?: I still have an old Cub Cadet, that should keep me visiting :D This is the best site with the best people.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:59 am

I missed Cubfest '05 and am pretty hit-or-miss on eBay these days. So evidently you were marketing in the wrong area. Of course, if you had put the "free to good home" sign on it, Bigdog would have been along in 5 minutes.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:37 pm

You might want to see if you can find the homing beacon I installed while it was here Jim! :D
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:41 pm

You think you can use it to find the rest of my stash? I'll toss the beacon out on my way through Florence Y'all.

Return to “Farmall Cub”