This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

1965 Lo-Boy Wiring Questions from NOVICE

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rmolleur
10+ Years
10+ Years

1965 Lo-Boy Wiring Questions from NOVICE

Postby rmolleur » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:16 am

12V Generator system.

1. Is the positive battery terminal ground?

2. Someone disconnected all of the light wires and took the lights but the light swith is still there.

A. There's a groud wire that's grounded on the generator bracket and goes to the dash. Where soes that connect to?

B. There's a second pink wire coming off regulator "F" that was cut and is just hanging? Where does that go.

C. There's a green wire that's all hooked except for a terminal near the light swith. I checked and this wire is "hot" even with the switch is off. Does this hook into "Batt" on the light switch?

The tractor runs with all of these messed up wires as they are. But I want to get it right so I can get some lights on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

robertmolleur@yahoo.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:52 am

Negative battery terminal is grounded with the 12 volt system. Polarizing the generator is advisable.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Sounds like there has been some creative wiring done to your tractor.

1) It should be negative ground. Reverse the battery and polarize the generator. After reversing the battery, be sure to do the polarizing BEFORE you start the engine again.

A/B) Generally, the pink wires are grounds, which shouldn't be connected to F.

C) Green should go from regulator L (hot) to the ignition switch. Your ignition switch must be hooked somewhere else. (I assume you have battery ignition!)

I suggest you go to the Owner's Manual on Rudi's server http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Owner's%20Manuals/1994%20Cub%20Owner's%20Manual/index.html then look at pages 35 and 36 for diagrams. You can probably get it sorted out from them. The Parts Catalog has a diagram that may also help.

Procedure for polarizing the generator is on page 31 of the same Owner's Manual.

If that doesn't answer your questions, post them here.

rmolleur
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rmolleur » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:53 pm

1.The green wire does go from the regulator to the ignition switch but has an unattached lead coming from it near the light switch that I assume goes to BATT on the light switch.

2. That ground wire is simply grounded at the gen bracket and goes all the way to the dash but is disconnected - does it go to the light switch?

3. I'll switch the battery and do the polarizing but I still need help with the above.

Thanks!

Return to “Farmall Cub”