This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Unusual Tractor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:29 pm

That is an early rod that was used with the long earred dash panel. My 49 has one like that.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

john2189
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44657

Postby john2189 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:12 pm

My 49 has that bend in it also
'49 Cub (Vince)
'41 allis B with Woods L59 mower
656 Wheel Horse with 42” sickle mower
C-165 Wheel Horse
Simplicity 20 HP Sunstar
Honda 48” walk behind mower

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 pm

BIGHOSS wrote:Did anyone notice the lift arm that runs from the front to rear on the left side. It appears to have a jog in it near the front. This would keep the rod from rubbing the left fender and mine does. My rod is straight with a slight bow, that helps to rub the fender. My plan is to staighten the rod during the restoration process. I has just not seen this rod with an offset like the one on E-Bay. Looks like a good idea.

The long horn panel/tank was the reason for the offset on the earlier Cubs. When they shortened that part (horns) the offset was no longer necessary and the rods were straight. Here's the rub (pun intended) the ends are different and yours may be installed backward. Try it with the shortest 90 degree bend to the rear.

BTW, the bend is caused by someone using too much down pressure some time in the past.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:31 pm

If I was as good a blacksmith as my granddad, I would make one. It's a shame that when I was small, all I did in his shop was turn the blower to the forge. I have this same forge here on the farm. It is about 20" in diameter and is on 3 legs. But, I am afraid that the 90 deg. bends on each end would be UGLY.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:31 pm

SteveB wrote:Jim Becker may be able to comment more on that.

Y'all seem to ahve sorted it out without any comments from me.
Dash is mid-'49 or up. Ammeter hole would ahve had a knock-out if it was on a tractor with no electrical. Lift rod is for early dash. Hard enough to know which parts migrated from other tracotrs when in person. Speculating from most pictures is nearly impossible.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Doggonnnnnnn it, I will be in that neighborhood shortly (with a 20' trailer and Cub #3) for my nephews wedding.

I don't need to be looking at stuff like this. How many holes in my head does it take to make a sieve???

Rudi, what do you think Canadian Customs will have to say if I show up with two Cubs??? Actually more important is what will the US folks say over at Niagara Falls????

Signed,
Seeking professional help soon
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Return to “Farmall Cub”