This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

sediment bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
siii8873
10+ Years
10+ Years

sediment bowl

Postby siii8873 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:12 pm

I cannot seem to shut off the fuel so I can clean my sediment bowl. what is th method / position to shut off the valve?
"May the current be with you and the wind at your back"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:15 pm

If it is the screw in type turn it clockwise until it stops turning. Some, though I have never seen one on a Cub, turn a half turn for off and then a half turn for on. 99% of the time it is turn clockwise until it stops. If you still get gas the shut off is defective. In that case you will have to drain the gas and trouble shoot the problem.

siii8873
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby siii8873 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Cecil,
thanks, that is what I thought but I didn't want to force it. I found out why it operted so hard, the valve stem shaft is bent. So I drained the tank and removed the entire assembly.
Are parts or replacements available for these sediment bowl assemblies. It looks like all I need is the valve stem parts and a new gasket.
"May the current be with you and the wind at your back"

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:57 pm

Can't help with the valve but you can get the gasket at NAPA p/n 730-9506. A complete fuel strainer is still available from Case/IH.
8)

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:59 pm

Have you attempted to straighten the bent stem?
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to “Farmall Cub”