This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What will Fit My Cub Kinda Long Sorry

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

What will Fit My Cub Kinda Long Sorry

Postby Mag Man » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:01 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,
I have been lurking here on this board for about 3 years now 8) . I have helped some :roll: And answered questions that I am pretty sure I know :? I have a 51 Cub W/ Snow blade,1 bottom plow,sickle,Buzz Saw,Cultivators,& Heat Houser. I also have a 53 SM, An 51 H ,49H,And a few parts tractors of the H type. Lots of two bottom plows, 1 3 Bottom IH plow, John Deer 8 Foot killafurow disc's, New idea Sickle Bar mowers 2 Of them and 2 Ih H or M sickle bars. I know alot about my Hs and My SM But nothing about this Cub.. :?
I have never worked on a flat head Motor before besides a lawn mower. OK What kind of parts will fit my 51 Cub? Can I put a fast hitch on it? Up to what year cubs can I use tranny gears and such in it? Will the rear drop down thingy's that hold the rear wheel's on from newer styles fit? Are all the motors the same? Does Rudi Or any one have this info or a manual that will tell me these things
:?: Can I find more cheap equipment to fit if I had a fast hitch :?:
I would like to be able to do more with my cub in my golden years. If you guys could see the dozing I have been doing in the woods with the ol girl you would probly Poop. Its kind of fun on a wide front tractor that does not have the power to spin the wheels to get stuck. But she sure powers around while pushing crap. :D
So Guys where's the info.
JON

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:29 pm

Jon - the basic mechanical structure of the cub changed very little over the entire production run. I'd suggest that you start right here:

http://www.atis.net/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html

This will give you a good idea of what changes were made over the years. Major components are interchangeable pretty much throughout the years. Serial number breaks are also specified in the parts manuals if there are changes in the parts.

The fast hitch is a handy attachment but it won't necessarily help you find cheaper implements. In fact, some will cost you more.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:09 pm

THANKS Bigdog,
Thats what I was looking for.
JON

Return to “Farmall Cub”