This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Buying Paint

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:20 am

Even though I use a certain product I don't have much in depth knowledge. All this talk of what hardener does for paint makes me wonder if thats why poly has the wet look and hardness of no other paint I know of? And it mixes with alot of hardener-1:1. Even Emron is only 3:1

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am

Greg:

As usual, very good advice.

I learned those fit tests in the military and they are good. I am going to check and see if I can get a surplus Scott AirPak from my fire dept. The chief is a neighbour and we have known each other for about 15 years so hopefully that might help.

I notice however when I am wearing my mask, that I do get a pretty good seal even with my beard, but my beard is cropped short most days and if I know I want to paint, then I clip it real short the night before. I smell next to no fumes, just filtered air.. it is a smell you do not soon forget after years of practice with respirators for NBCW..

I am moving away from catalysed lacquers slowly.. mostly using up my commercial stocks. I primarily use celluloid lacquers and even with them I know that a good respirator is a requirement along with a highly efficient exhaust system. It doesn't have to be fancy.. but it does have to work. So the only catalysed stuff I will be using is the paint for my tractors and implements.

Mine does.. quite nicely. We did an air exchange test and I can fully change the air in my shop in a matter of minutes.. with the cages I have.. so I know at least that the fumes are leaving as fast as I am generating them.. you can actually see the mist move at times..

As usual though, one must always pay attention to your health and the safety requirements needed to maintain good health. I enjoy reading your informative posts as always.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”