This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Look What I Found!!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Look What I Found!!!

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:02 pm

There's a place in Oakwood on the corner of 79 and 542, these folks just bought some old tractor parts. Well, I stopped in today to have a look. I was hoping that I could find a rear work light for Rose. Wouldn't you know it :?: That red tinted sealed beam was sitting right there for the taking, well alomst, $5.00 :!: :!: :!:
The hard part was getting it to work. Before I painted Rose I made sure that all the voltages were in the correct place with each postion of the light switch. I never actually tried the lights and was bit by the evil corrosion monster.
I finally found the culprit, the fuse holder :!: The grounds were just fine but the contact on the fues holder allowed voltage but no current (the voltage dropped to zero with a load).

Got it working now:

And I thought the hard part was going to be finding the sealed beam :lol: :lol:
8)
Last edited by Donny M on Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brichter
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32449
eBay ID: Kinardhippy
Skype Name: Billy.Ray.Richter
Circle of Safety: Y

it's to be expected

Postby brichter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:08 pm

good things happen to good people, that's why you have a 23A disk and I don't, I guess.
If you're gonna dream or steal, do it BIG

The best things in life aren't things.
1951 Cub
1963 Corvair
lots more junk

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Look What I Found!!!

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:56 pm

Donny M wrote:The grounds were just fine but the contact on the fues holder allowed voltage but no current (the voltage dropped to zero with a load).

A little dielectric grease will fix it right up.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Look What I Found!!!

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:06 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
Donny M wrote:The grounds were just fine but the contact on the fues holder allowed voltage but no current (the voltage dropped to zero with a load).

A little dielectric grease will fix it right up.

Any grease to keep out air and moisture after the connection has been made, but I do have a few tubes of DC4 :wink: :lol: :lol:

Just realized, I can't spell fuse :lol: :lol:
8)

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Just realized, I can't spell fuse

these floks just bought some old tractor parts.

:lol: :lol: :?:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:29 pm

:lol: :lol:
8)

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:31 pm

Donny, DC4 is great stuff , just don't get it anywhere near the the distributor cap. Not unless you want to create a lot of trouble for yourself :lol:

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:34 pm

WKPoor wrote:Donny, DC4 is great stuff , just don't get it anywhere near the the distributor cap. Not unless you want to create a lot of trouble for yourself :lol:

Oh no :!: :!: here we go again :!: :!: :lol: :lol:
8)

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 pm

Donny, is that the 3 conductor plug for that light??
I may have the old harness from Rufus if you need it.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks Larry, but I've found a way to take them apart and fix them. The rear connector is easy compaired to the fronts.
8)

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:52 am

Dielectrics are typically used to lubricate and exclude water from entering assemblies that are associated with electricity. Never use dielectrics directly on surfaces that are intended to conduct electricity. Below is a link and a quote from a different site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dielectric

"Apply a light coating of electrical insulating compound, such as Dow Corning 4 (DC 4), to the pins and shoulder O-ring of each of the bulkhead connectors,".
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Farmall Cub”