This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

TSA and Cub Carbs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

TSA and Cub Carbs

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:08 pm

Flew out to Albany for the NE Cubfest at Cecil's. Bag didn't show up at baggage claim. Finally arrived two days later with a note that TSA had inspected the bag. I had two carbs in it, one of my own and one of Henry Wheeler's for Don to straighten. I was starting to sweat, lost my own and that of a friend. Fortunately the bag arrived in time for Don to straighten them out (thanks Don!). Slept much better that night. Not sure whether it was X-ray or a "sniffer" that didn't like it. On the way home today, I put the carbs in my carryon backpack. Going through security, they emptied it completely out to see what I was carrying.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:12 pm

Yikes, that was close!

I found they are often puzzled by cans of maple syrup too. They were some excited about the box of washing soda on my way to Gene's CubFest too.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AlanPCUBS » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:44 pm

Well Bob glad to here you made it home carbs and all :wink: ! Hope you had a great time! Cant wait to here about it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:50 pm

those sniffers are pretty sensitive, and it may have detected old gas fumes, even though you had cleaned it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”